Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Offside rear click on acceleration/deceleration transition

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I totally forgot about the this thread.

Nottingham SC came out and took the dash apart, guy was great and showed me how simple it was to do as he said he wasn’t 100% sure what the problem was and if he had solved it, but he found a tiny bit of roam that shouldn’t have been there that comes with the new part for the dash, he took that out and the clicking sound went away. 🎉
Thanks but not internal. My noise is def coming from outside of the car. I'll report back when I know more. Now day 3....

let us know if you have success with this. I am hesitant to take the long drive to my SC until I feel somewhat confident I won't have to leave them my car for days and still not have it solved, again.
Day 4 in the SC and still no diagnosis/resolution. They've replaced a wheel hub, checked and cleaned lug nuts etc so far but no joy. It's been moved to a different technician and I've also asked for it to be escalated. Presumably there is some form of central function which can advise? Frustrating!

• Informative
Reactions: melduk
Day 4 in the SC and still no diagnosis/resolution. They've replaced a wheel hub, checked and cleaned lug nuts etc so far but no joy. It's been moved to a different technician and I've also asked for it to be escalated. Presumably there is some form of central function which can advise? Frustrating!
Yeah that sucks. Hopefully they find and fix the problem soon.

Yeah that sucks. Hopefully they find and fix the problem soon.
They stripped most of the front end underpinnings, cleaned and reassembled. The clicking seems to have gone but early days. The diagnosis? There wasn't one, but hopefully whatever it was is fixed. I guess something was coming adrift and they fixed it, however nothing obvious, at least nothing they're admitting. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I have exactly this problem on my 3.5year old M3P. They sorted the front suspension creaking but the clicking on acceleration / deceleration still happens every time. It definitely coming from the rear drivers side of the car.
It’s booked in for them to sort tomorrow and I’m reluctant to have it back until it’s fixed as it’s close to the end of its warranty

I have exactly this problem on my 3.5year old M3P. They sorted the front suspension creaking but the clicking on acceleration / deceleration still happens every time. It definitely coming from the rear drivers side of the car.
It’s booked in for them to sort tomorrow and I’m reluctant to have it back until it’s fixed as it’s close to the end of its warranty
Update
So I’m hoping it’s fixed, it’s certainly quiet at the moment and no sign of the clicking

This is what it says on the invoice:

Concern: Click from right rear when accelerating and then again when braking.
Removed and lubricated Rear Drive Unit Right Hand Half shaft at Hub. Clicking noise rectified.
Correction: Halfshaft - Rear Drive Unit - RH (Lubricate at Hub)

Reactions: .Slug and nufan