Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh dear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Well, had the car less than 24 hours and already noticed things wrong with it I’m afraid to say.

Haven’t carried out a full monty inspection just yet but washed it thoroughly today and picked up stuff straight away

1. Drivers door is badly misaligned, to the point where it won’t shut properly.
2. Front spoiler doesn’t marry up properly on drivers side
3. Bit of the seal on drivers door literally hanging off.
4. Seal on rear offside passenger door is not fixed properly.

Now......how do I get this sorted? Girl on phone from Tesla the other week said it’s all done through the app, I can’t see anything there to report faults like? She also said that the guys just come out to your house to fix it, is that true?

did you not inspect the car upon collection or is it not allowed now

Hi all

Well, had the car less than 24 hours and already noticed things wrong with it I’m afraid to say.

Haven’t carried out a full monty inspection just yet but washed it thoroughly today and picked up stuff straight away

1. Drivers door is badly misaligned, to the point where it won’t shut properly.
2. Front spoiler doesn’t marry up properly on drivers side
3. Bit of the seal on drivers door literally hanging off.
4. Seal on rear offside passenger door is not fixed properly.

Now......how do I get this sorted? Girl on phone from Tesla the other week said it’s all done through the app, I can’t see anything there to report faults like? She also said that the guys just come out to your house to fix it, is that true?

Ah, legendery Tesla quality control! Finetooth the rest of the car including wheel arches and best look underneath for missing clips, scratches, dents, seals etc. Check in the frunk and boot and play with all the switches, lights etc then hose it and look for leaks and condensation, rough paintwork and any fine stressmarks in glass....should keep you occupied.