Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OH MY DOG, I just got THE invitation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMD. love the title of this thread!
And here he is.

IMG_1167.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1177.JPG
    IMG_1177.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 42
I was ready to bring down a DOGs curse on OP for getting his invite before me but lucky for both of us, mine came too!
It is nice to see that Tesla appears to have reached a point where further delays are not required. Very cool

I think like others, I can buy the current package for delivery in 3-6 weeks, wait for AWD in mid 2018 or base SR late 2018.
I want AWD SR; I'm not sure where that fits in the production schedule but 3-6 months sounds about right, 9 months as an outlier.

Reserved from Colorado online about 20 minutes before the reveal started.

Reactions: T34ME
I also was invited to configure today. I live in Southern CA and I reserved at the end of the reveal on March 31st, 2016. It has been quite a wait but also today, the guesstimated wait on my Tesla page for the AWD changed from Late 2018 to Mid 2018. Because of this, it seems the $7500 tax credit will still be in play for me if I choose to wait for the AWD. Am I correct in thinking that as long as I take delivery of an AWD model before Oct 1st, I am good to go for the full tax credit?

I also was invited to configure today. I live in Southern CA and I reserved at the end of the reveal on March 31st, 2016. It has been quite a wait but also today, the guesstimated wait on my Tesla page for the AWD changed from Late 2018 to Mid 2018. Because of this, it seems the $7500 tax credit will still be in play for me if I choose to wait for the AWD. Am I correct in thinking that as long as I take delivery of an AWD model before Oct 1st, I am good to go for the full tax credit?

yes, you are guaranteed to receive the full credit if you take delivery before Oct 1. For that not to be true, Tesla would have had to pass the 200k car threshold last quarter. If they pass it this quarter, then the credit is reduced after Sep 30. If they pass it next quarter, the full credit is intact to the end of the year.

I was ready to bring down a DOGs curse on OP for getting his invite before me but lucky for both of us, mine came too!.
Wha's up Doc? I am VERY happy for all us invitees today. I am sure there will be some random trials and tribulations once we get our cars, but we can work through this with mutual support and creative problem solving. After all, we are pioneers and any minor hardships will be justified by the great rewards. I guess those of us who got invites today can be called the "April Fools"!

Reactions: SageBrush
There is no way my dogs are seeing the inside of my 3! They are relegated to my wife's car.
Just a BTW, I have dark grey Vegan in my current non-Tesla car and it has held up great with the dog for the last 4+ years. My model 3 will definitely be going to the dogs with the PUP interior. (Of course he gets a bath once a week, maybe I should investigate putting a ceramic coating on him!)

• Funny
Reactions: Brady12
Thank you novox77 for the confirmation. It feels strange to defer the M3 now, as is, after waiting for so long. With the 3 to 6 week lag time on configuration till delivery, I guess I'll wait for an AWD invite until Aug 7th before reluctantly pulling the trigger on the M3 LR (unless of course the end of Q2 < 200K miracle occurs and then that date becomes Oct 7th). Do these dates sound right to you?
Much appreciated...

Thank you novox77 for the confirmation. It feels strange to defer the M3 now, as is, after waiting for so long. With the 3 to 6 week lag time on configuration till delivery, I guess I'll wait for an AWD invite until Aug 7th before reluctantly pulling the trigger on the M3 LR (unless of course the end of Q2 < 200K miracle occurs and then that date becomes Oct 7th). Do these dates sound right to you?
Much appreciated...
My recommendation is simple. If you care about getting the full $7500 federal tax credit, but you also want the AWD... Wait until you hear news about when Tesla hits 200k. You will find out sometime in early July because that's when they need to report the "as of June 30" number. I think you'd hear it in their quarterly conference call. If that info says that they just hit the deadline in Q2, then you know that Q3 is the last you can get the full credit, and there's no way the AWD will be available to you to take delivery by then. Remember, it's not about when you order, but about when you actually take delivery of the car. So then you decide which is more important -- $7500 tax rebate or AWD. If you want the rebate, order immediately (in case there's a huge rush of people ordering, you want to get in as soon as you can).

If you find out they didn't hit 200k, then you know that you have until Q4. So you can wait for the AWD and order at beginning-mid November, to give you time to take delivery in December. And plan your Christmas vacation with your family properly. They might tell you "you have to come in the week of Christmas to pick it up", and you can't push it off til the 31st (Monday) because you're out of town. You will end up going back into queue and they will give your car to someone else. And you'll miss out on the $7500 and spend another 3-6 weeks without a Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: kotykb