Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh that's the "Old" model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm visiting family in country SA and mum heard a couple of guys say "oh look, that's the Tesla model 3, but it's the old model". How very dare you! 🤣. I think my 2020 Model 3 performance still looks pretty spiffy! Wonder if it's time for the chrome delete to make it look like it's newer Chinese cousin

• Funny
Reactions: OzVic
So I'm visiting family in country SA and mum heard a couple of guys say "oh look, that's the Tesla model 3, but it's the old model". How very dare you! 🤣. I think my 2020 Model 3 performance still looks pretty spiffy! Wonder if it's time for the chrome delete to make it look like it's newer Chinese cousin
I wonder how they describe their petrol car if model 3 is considered old?

I have chrome trim also, and I like it. To me black plastic trim looks cheap, maybe because my other car, ‘74 VW Type 2, is the last year they made them with chrome before moving to cheap-looking blank plastic handles and such. But of course the ‘74 has real chrome plating not the modern shiny plastic.

Uncanny, I said almost word for word the same thing to my girlfriend the other day while looking at a M3 parked near us, except that there was no negativity in my statement. When I personally said it, the meaning behind the words was actually more like "that's the car we are getting, but slightly different" to set expectation more than a criticism of either model. Perhaps the person who said it meant it this way too? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And the 2022 version will make them all the old one, since it has new motors. It is what it is. They all look good, but they are different as they develop. It's a fact of life when buying technology.

Reactions: Hairyman