Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oil mogul for energy secretary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My problem is that Harold Hamm has made billions off of oil and gas. Plus he just lost huge fortune on a second divorce and I am pretty sure he wants to stay near the top of the most wealthiest people in the world. Individuals like him are out for the bottom line and not what is best for the country. I could see Hamm pushing for stricter regulation at multiple levels that would make things more difficult for Tesla and more money in his pocket.
IMO people like him can't be trusted.

• Informative
Reactions: AndreN and Vitold
Absolutely. Our future energy policies should based around how to provide sustainable energy that will do no harm to the environment. Not someone who who thinks global warming is hoax.

I think you need to understand the mandate/purpose of the Department of Energy. Why was it created by President Carter? Then look at the mandate/purpose of the Environmental Protection Agency.

These agencies have specific functions in our government and I hate how politicized they have become. lets appoint a pro-Defense person for the DOD, a successful business person for the Department of Commerce, maybe someone who has a background in farming for Agriculture and here is a novel idea, maybe an auto/insurance exec for the Department of Transportation? It would make sense since these would be these peoples area of expertise.

edit: In researching the DOE mission, it is clear that it has changed focus over the various administrations, often diverging from their original mission. Did you know the DOE is also involved in the human genome project? I didn't and it seems strange that they are the agency involved. Just like the agriculture department administers the food stamp program. Why not HHS? Our government is very large and I fear very inefficient. Not sure anything will ever change that.

Last edited: