Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OK, so...did everyone get their cars by the end of 2019?

For those that ordered by the cut-off of December 8, did you receive your Model 3 by end of year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Missed delivering by end of year, they assigned the VIN number and scheduled to deilver by 31st Dec and in the last moment they removed assigned VIN and not delivered by 31st. Such a Bummer and mismanagement, Didnt know Tesla could do like this. They have to compensate for the Federal Rebate.;

Tesla Missed delivering by end of year, they assigned the VIN number and scheduled to deilver by 31st Dec and in the last moment they removed assigned VIN and not delivered by 31st. Such a Bummer and mismanagement, Didnt know Tesla could do like this. They have to compensate for the Federal Rebate.;
While I hope they do (compensate), I don't think "they have to..."

Ordered 11/22. Received email on 12/30 for "tentative delivery" on 12/31, provided lease agreement and VIN. Could not take delivery as I was traveling. Was told via email that since I could not take delivery the VIN would be provided to someone else. However in the order agreement it clearly states you have 3 days....:

"Delivery. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a state where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you do not respond to our notification or are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers."

I still have the lease agreement with the VIN# on my Tesla account. No one picks up the phone or responds to emails. All I received was due to "extreme demand we can not hold any cars into the new year and will be releasing the vehicle".

Anyone else have this issue where they just gave away your car?

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Tesla Missed delivering by end of year, they assigned the VIN number and scheduled to deilver by 31st Dec and in the last moment they removed assigned VIN and not delivered by 31st.

Yes, lots of us in that boat.

I just got back from the Sunnyvale showroom, and spoke with a sales rep there.
I took a deep breath and was able to remain calm, and he was very cool and helpful.
We discovered a car with my assigned VIN is built and sitting in the NE corner of the factory parking lot.
That explains why I continue to receive notifications that the battery is too low and that I should plug it in soon. :confused:
He asked when I was available for delivery, and I told him that depends on the new terms.

The Sales Reps have been assured by Execs that this will be "made right".
The SRs have a conference call at 1 PM PST to discuss with the execs. (in just a few minutes)
I gave him some of my perspective on what "made right" could mean.
If you don't hear anything this afternoon, I suggest you contact your local SR.

Good luck!

I've read some anecdotal stories for people ordering in November that the Tesla sales reps would comp them the tax credit if the car wasn't delivered on time. Has anyone here actually had that experience?
I was a mid October SR+ order and had it not been for getting my SA to keep me on the line for a missed order I wouldn't have gotten my car for the rebate based on how things went. There were several in this window as well that missed out.

Pretty crazy how down to the wire it came.

Yes, lots of us in that boat.

I just got back from the Sunnyvale showroom, and spoke with a sales rep there.
I took a deep breath and was able to remain calm, and he was very cool and helpful.
We discovered a car with my assigned VIN is built and sitting in the NE corner of the factory parking lot.
That explains why I continue to receive notifications that the battery is too low and that I should plug it in soon. :confused:
He asked when I was available for delivery, and I told him that depends on the new terms.

The Sales Reps have been assured by Execs that this will be "made right".
The SRs have a conference call at 1 PM PST to discuss with the execs. (in just a few minutes)
I gave him some of my perspective on what "made right" could mean.
If you don't hear anything this afternoon, I suggest you contact your local SR.

Good luck!

Not sure what this will mean for those of us who didn't get their car, but hopefully we'll know by tomorrow.

Reactions: n8leon
All I can say is thank God the federal tax credits are gone so Tesla can stop these ridiculous end of rebate shenanigans and people can buy their cars in a more ordered fashion.

AFAICT (correct me if I'm wrong), Bay Area folks who ordered in the last 2 or 3 months had only one chance to take delivery, at the factory on NYE. When I ordered Nov. 9, there was no local inventory.

So the rebate end won't help Tesla's EOQ/EOY chaos.

AFAICT (correct me if I'm wrong), Bay Area folks who ordered in the last 2 or 3 months had only one chance to take delivery, at the factory on NYE. When I ordered Nov. 9, there was no local inventory.

So the rebate end won't help Tesla's EOQ/EOY chaos.
No, I ordered on October 11th and received my car on Dec 4. I ended up grabbing a stealth, or I probably would have waited to just before Xmas to get a LR AWD.

The rebate is irrelevant to what happened earlier this week. Tesla was completely over their head. It probably was not a good idea to have switched to new software a month or so before EOQ. Something really got disconnected - far more than ever before.

Based on reading several forums posts, it seems like the lower margin trims were the ones not delivered. LR AWD and M3P were easily delivered. So, let's test that hypothesis.. Anyone have a delivery date for 12/31/19 canceled, where you had a LR AWD or P M3 ordered?

11/9 ordered LR AWD.
12/8 Tesla home page promised that day's orders would be available for delivery by 12/31.
12/26 delivery (1st VIN) promised but missed without notice.​
12/31 factory delivery (3rd VIN) promised but not delivered.

This info sharing forum is very helpful to get more data points and test hypotheses.

I went back to Sunnyvale Tesla yesterday afternoon, and he could not figure out why my 2nd VIN got deleted from my account,
apparently by the "Mule Integration" bot, whatever that means.
He eMailed the Delivery Manager in Fremont, but did not hear back.

So this morning, I drove to Fremont (again) and worked with the Factory Showroom.
Within a few minutes, my iOS app was once again notifying me that my car battery is low,
and that I should plug in the car. i.e. My 2nd VIN is back!
They would not let me take delivery on the spot, or even see the car,
but we scheduled a delivery appointment for tomorrow @ noon.

While I was there, another Sunnyvale Tesla showroom customer came in,
and was in the same boat as me.

I was trying to avoid wasting more of my vacation time driving back to Fremont,
but this is a good reminder - whenever possible, go to the source!

Crossing my fingers now,
Nate

That is a bit stronger than I would say it.

So, giving a $1875 to customers as an act of goodwill doesn't count as a massive point? Jaded much?

Especially considering that not everyone who (hopefully) gets the discount qualified for the credit, and that they will all reap the benefits from the tax credit months before anyone else will.