Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old order increased price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I placed the order for my Tesla, I was provided with a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (There is a link in my Tesla Account called Order Agreement): That document states the following:

Until your Custom Ordered Vehicle enters into production or is matched to a vehicle, as applicable, you may make changes to your Vehicle Configuration. If you make changes to your order, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date.

After I placed the order for my Tesla, I was provided with a Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (There is a link in my Tesla Account called Order Agreement): That document states the following:

Until your Custom Ordered Vehicle enters into production or is matched to a vehicle, as applicable, you may make changes to your Vehicle Configuration. If you make changes to your order, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date.
I

It’s always the fine print. I just wish that the rep would have given me a heads up. Just seems kind of dirty.

Upvote 0
I ordered my model 3 LR in March but couldn’t take delivery because of a deployment, and when I ordered it I added the the 19in sport wheels. Well since waiting I found a deal on a set of tire/rims that I liked, so I changed my orders to the stock 18in wheels. After doing that I noticed my overall price only dropped $500 as apposed to the $1500 I was expecting. So after research I noticed I was charged the “new” price for my LR. IMO I feel that should have been disclosed before making the change if that was going to happen!

-Think it’s possible to get that original LR price since my order was placed at that time? I didn’t change the vehicle only removed an accessory.

-if I’m only saving $500 could I just get my old order?
Man, that stinks. I would try talking to a dealer and ask if you can get your old order back which would essentially be buying the wheels for 500.

So sorry to hear that. They really should make it more clear that the price has changed before you click submit.

Upvote 0