Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Old Tesla "microwave" frunk box fits in 3, barely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
I have the nice Tesla microwave frunk box where I keep all my charging goodies from my old S. Decided to see if it would fit in the 3 frunk. Answer: yes, barely. It's a bit high, but the lid still closes. I think the first gen of this box that isn't tapered might not work.

Also, the windshield shade from Heatshield from my S fits in the 3 windshield well enough for me to keep as well.

20180106_194453.jpg
20180106_194445.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: deonb
Wow. I never bought one of those, but your pics give a good feel for how much smaller the 3 frunk is compared to our early Model S...

The microwave space has been great during road trips in our S... and we still have the rest of the frunk! I’m excited to get a 3, but this will be one of the changes I’ll have to get used to.

Last edited:
Wow. I never bought one of those, but your pics give a good feel for how much smaller the 3 drunk is compared to our early Model S...

The microwave space has been great during road trips in our S... and we still have the rest of the frunk! I’m excited to get a 3, but this will be one of the changes I’ll have to get used to.

Yeah, it's a downside to all the newer S's and now the 3. I always keep my frunk full of the emergency kit, charging stuff, tire pump, etc. Now some is kept in the smugglers compartment under the trunk floor.

I’ve always kept my charging stuff, tire pump and a few other misc things in the smugglers space in back. My last 2 cars have had frunks (a Porsche before the S), but I mostly used the back and the frunk was for overflow...