Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

On the left side of the screen where it shows your car, the grey line is gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for not knowing the proper terms, I guess I'm still considered a noob. :) I'm talking about while driving. There was always a driving path grey line in front of your car that twists while you turn. In FSD, the line was blue. Now there is nothing in front of my car while driving.

Did an update get rid of it, or did I accidentally remove it in a setting? Also, what is the proper term to call the lines and the left side of the navigation where it shows your car? Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
"FSD Projected path"? I'm not sure what the grey/blue line is named by Tesla either but I know it was on my display this afternoon while I was driving (with FSD not engaged). Ditto the change to blue when FSD was turned on. When FSD is active, the line should show the expected path and which vehicle it's tracking/keep pace with (if any). I'm currently on 2024.14.9 but I seem to remember it not being displayed before but unsure of when that was. AFAIK, there's no control in the menus to manually turn it on or off. I believe that the left side of the screen is the "driving visualization" portion of the display.

So, I guess several questions are in order:
  • Do you have FSD?
    • If yes, bought or subscribed?
  • What is your current software version?
  • Have you tried re-booting the car to see if that fixes it?