Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One or the other

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla-owners

I am looking to buy a Tesla Roadster here in Denmark. I have the option of buying either:

SFZRE2B30A3000119, 15000 miles, privately owned, signature Roadster Sport, asking price equivalent to 76000$

or

SFZRE2B32A3000283, 40000 miles, Tesla Dealership, facelifted Roadster Sport, asking price equivalent to 69000$

The cheapest one will come with at least 6-24 months 100% warranty and is facelifted. Both are orange. I have no information about any extra options, but both seems to come with the Carbon package

Prices only for comparison - everything is more expensive in Denmark :)

What would be the best buy? The privately owned signature is in very good condition, the dealership one has been used as a loaner and exhibition model and is in average condition. I like the facelift that came in summer 2010, but would the signature be a better "investment" long-term? I will use the Roadster as a summer vehicle only.

Looking forward to any advice

Going along the lines of what dhrivnak stated, battery health would be top priority. Ideal range, but more importantly trending CAC and the capacity history. Pull the logs as per the fine posts within this forum and check trend of battery CAC.

If your future financial bandwidth is limited, the Tesla dealer option would be an obvious selection. Not because of the initial price but also the warranty.

One note, don't believe that just because you have lower mileage you will have less issues. Many times a number of issues and free upgrades/improvements were placed into the roadster during warranty repairs when issues were worked through. Acquire a full owner's history on the private car to see what has been addressed to date ( for the dealership car also).

For general assistance in pre-purchase checks, there are a number of threads in the forum that are extremely useful. For you specific purchase options, it really comes down to what you are looking for, more of a collectible car in better apparent shape, or a car to just enjoy and have a great time in. If the latter and you really like the upgrade in the front end, and more used appearance doesn't bother you, the dealership is probably your best option (IMHO).

At the very least, I hope you purchase one of them and let us know which you choose!

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a
Get the CAC reading for both and then decide, but I would lean towards the Signature.
Both are orange.
But really, you can't go wrong with either of them. ;) Let us know what you decide, and post photos!

IMG_2591.JPG

Thank you all for your thoughts, I appriciate it. Having only tested the dealership one, I am waiting for Tesla to get back to me about the warranty details - rumour says they have had other inquieries about the vehicle. Roadsters are rarely up for sale in Denmark - for the past year none have been listed for sale until now. Increasing taxes on electric vehicles have ruled out the option of importing Roadsters. I havent tested the privately owned roadster (Brugt Tesla Roadster 215 kW Sport 2d til salg - Bilbasen) since I am waiting for the Tesla Store Managers reply. Attached is a photo of the dealership Roadster, that I took for a short spin while waiting for my Model S to have the DU replaced. The price-difference is not the main issue and I will surely be enjoying it rather than storing it. I must say the short test drive convinced me to add the roadster to my Tesla Collection :) I will look into the other threads again and post my progress.

Attachments

• WP_20161110_10_15_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161110_10_15_02_Pro.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: dhrivnak
No idea if any of these are still available, but if so and you don't mind having the Roadster shipped, there seem to be a few for sale in Belgium, France, Germany, Norway, Holland, and Switzerland that were noted over the course of a few post pages in the Orphan thread starting here.

No idea if any of these are still available, but if so and you don't mind having the Roadster shipped, there seem to be a few for sale in Belgium, France, Germany, Norway, Holland, and Switzerland that were noted over the course of a few post pages in the Orphan thread starting here.

Been away for a while.

About importing roadsters, certainly some for sale in Europe - problem is the new registration tax of electrical vehicles in Denmark as pr January 1st 2016 currently at about 50%, ending on 150% by 2020, so i am forced to search domestically for now.

Both the roadsters I was looking at are now sold, proving you got to act fast in Danish market for roadsters. I have a bricked roadster on hand, open for offers, but I am a little concerned whether or not I should invest time and money in this project. Should there be concerns about other failures than the main battery?