Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Year Later: What's Missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the lack of a statement on 3G made me hesitate about getting the S in first place. At some point, they are going to have to toss the responsibility back to the owners. Unfortunately, it looks like AT&T is the only provider possible. I truly hate them...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Richard_B viewpost-right.png
Front and rear radar
Digital tracking on reverse camera when in reverse

Has Tesla ever promised such things?

Not that I know of, but I'd like to have them.

Then let me rephrase it: I see nothing in the contract, in the E-Mails with sales or any advertising material which would allow Tesla to disable existing features or charge for them.

They don't need to. If you don't have 3G, none of those features will work. It is up to you to set up an account with slacker, etc.. To continue to use the service. You are on a trial period , and tesla account when you get your car. Very simple. Tesla has just been giving it to all of us for free until they sort out the 3G data plans.

Then let me rephrase it: I see nothing in the contract, in the E-Mails with sales or any advertising material which would allow Tesla to disable existing features or charge for them.
Let's say you buy a new house. That house has power, telephone and an internet connection. Two months later you get a notice that you will have to pay for these services or they will be terminated.

"But I thought these were free?"

Does this make the house-seller a "bad person" or "deceptive"? Does he/she need to spell out in the sales paperwork for the house that it doesn't come with power for life? Or should you just smile to yourself and appreciate that you got these service gratis for a couple months?

Huh, thought the car didn't have vanity mirrors.. You guys convinced me to check, and it is there.

nigel, got our car and hpwc in the last few weeks, but already received the hanger. I wonder why I got it so quick and you didn't. I know I live right here, but unless there were that few hpwc purchases, I can't imagine hey all got sen out at once, and you shoulda been priority over me. I actually dont like it as much as the temporary solution. It doesn't seem to really have a good way of holding the plug in,yet somehow, if plugged in just right (not even straight) it magically doesn't fall out. I really have no confidence that it won't just fall out randomly someday and scratch itself or the car.

also, the heck with pandora... That would be a step down from slacker.... What we really need is mog. Downloadable tracks/albums , stream those tracks/albums, or Internet radio (even get to control how frequent the main band plays). It's way nicer to be able to just search an album/track and play it, rather than hope a song randomly plays

They don't need to. If you don't have 3G, none of those features will work. It is up to you to set up an account with slacker, etc.. To continue to use the service. You are on a trial period , and tesla account when you get your car. Very simple. Tesla has just been giving it to all of us for free until they sort out the 3G data plans.

Yes, this is what I was told during my test drive, that it's free for now but there will be charges once the details are established.

Oh, and by the way, the side mirrors already fold: see the photo at the top right: Model S Specs | Tesla Motors .