Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Only look if you dare to be different! No regrets! Volta Carbon Fiber Aero Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the case of Model 3, additional track performance enhancement might better come from reducing weight, instead of adding more to it.
This is exactly what I was thinking also, all of this added weight just for looks, I’m looking to reduce weight not add to it. Upgrades like Ultra lite wheels, Lithium battery or even titanium lug nuts. I don’t have a Performance 3 or care for track results. Just looking for ways to reduce extra weight and increase efficiently.

Fred

I have never liked the trend of carbon or black coloured accessories on a car. I prefer if the add-on parts are body coloured for a sleeker and more integrated look — something that came out of a factory (OEM+).
This kit is a bit too busy looking for my taste and doesn’t follow the smooth lines of the body.
I very much like the Unplugged Performance front lip spoiler but the ends stop too short of the wheel wells which doesn’t look very good especially on a lighter coloured car.
Here’s an interesting review of it:

I have never liked the trend of carbon or black coloured accessories on a car. I prefer if the add-on parts are body coloured for a sleeker and more integrated look — something that came out of a factory (OEM+).
This kit is a bit too busy looking for my taste and doesn’t follow the smooth lines of the body.
I very much like the Unplugged Performance front lip spoiler but the ends stop too short of the wheel wells which doesn’t look very good especially on a lighter coloured car.
Here’s an interesting review of it:

If you like the Unplugged Kit we can hook it up for you. We are also a dealer for Unplugged!

SEMA 2019! We visited Vorsteiner at their track and mixer events and we see for the FIRST time in person, the Model 3 with the FULL Volta kit installed. Quick look around and we check out the diffuser, since that's the only piece we haven't seen yet in person. Is it that aggressive? Or is it just right?

Reactions: wenkan
This is a pretty Tesla packed vlog! Several different projects going on and you can see peeks of them:

-Wrapping a full Model 3 in satin red
-wrapping a full Model 3 in Satin Guard PPF (you have to check out this film in person if possible, we've never seen another satin film like this)
-Tinted a Model 3 in Photosync window film
-Vorsteiner Volta side skirts installed on the Model 3 - Really love the presence of the side skirts. Not too obtrusive but not too subtle.

Reactions: slade037
In this vlog, you get another look at the Volta front lip and side skirts on the 3 with VFF-109 and the new Vossen HF-5.

We got in the new Vossen HF-5 wheels for the Model 3! This is a new design for 2020, and I'm loving how it looks on the car already. Epitome of sportiness especially with the open 5 spoke design and the cut outs. We also do a quick unboxing/first look at thinkware's dash cam as well as some other things going on in the studio.

So need to drill holes?

I’ve asked that as well with no response. As someone seriously considering this kit I’d just like to know where you have to drill holes in my car so I can make an informed decision of whether or not I want to make a permanent modification.

On the rear diffuser it looks like at least two screws have to be used? On the front lip it looks like one in the center. Not sure if any are required for the side skirts.

Or perhaps no screws have to be used? If the kit really does fit as well as you say it does, 3M VHB should be enough. OEM manufacturers get away with that on some of their body kits.

Again, seriously interested, just trying to get some additional information.

Reactions: EVS Motors
On point!
As well It’s obviously not for folks who would like to maintain a more generic external look (that usually ends with chrome delete and tinted windows for most).
Ricing means “make a slow car look fast”. The problem of Tesla owner (especially the P models) is we have a fast car look slow. So our target is to make a good performance car look as fast as it actually is, which seems to be the contrary of ricing.

I stand corrected yet, as you can see, I wasn't sure about the term! Curious to loss of "performance" by adding all the accoutraments(?) I like the idea of "stealth". Though, the reality is most car enthusiasts already know NOT to take on a 3P so, why engage in modding? You know it's "fast, they know it's "fast" what's the point? The beautiful lines of the 3 are exceptional.

I personally never understood the concept of Tesla-stealth. Leaving the aesthetic equivalent to Elon’a Dance moves materialized in the Aero wheels aside, that term (stealth) generally suggests something very exciting and special but in fact it for Tesla means “regular version look”. That’s how they should call it, as that’s what it is.

It’s like buying a 911 Carrera 4S but just writing Carrera on it. Not really sure what bizarre “surprise surprise”-logic that follows but it would be equally “exhilarating”.

Despite a ton of similarities, shared interest and appreciation for this kick-ass EV, I think the SR/LR versions appeal to a subtly (potentially very) different group of enthusiasts than the Performance model. As much as the A5 and RS5.
Or the 3series and the M3 etc.
It’s would be a little bit weird to attach a rear diffuser to an A5- no question.

Motor and performance-wise there are literally worlds between the SR and P3M and it is not far fetched to equip a sports-car in disguise with the appropriate performance parts for it.

We have 3 Model 3’s in with Vorsteiner wheels (and 2 running the Volts front lips) but the cool thing is they’re all running different setups so it’s good to see them all back to back to back! In case anyone else is interested, we got in a Y in this vlog too for the first time, so I'll put the time stamp for that too.

0:34 mark for the Tesla Model 3’s

1:24 for the Tesla Model Y quick look/walkaround

FINALLY! We got in the last remaining piece of the Vorsteiner Volta kit we’ve been waiting for and now we have 2 completed Vorsteiner Volta Model 3’s. What a statement the rear diffuser makes. Now with it on, the whole setup looks balanced. You’ll see what it looks like on a white 3 and on a black 3. Interesting how different colors change the vibe of the kit slightly. Well worth the wait.

~ 2:50 White 3 with Volta kit
~ 5:24 Black 3 with Volta kit

Last edited:
Reactions: Firehuntah