Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So let think about this for a minute. You are a civil servant working in a department that you strongly suspect (or know) is about to be shut down as soon as you have completed the backlog of applications. What makes anybody think that they are going to be in a hurry to process the applications and become unemployed?

So let think about this for a minute. You are a civil servant working in a department that you strongly suspect (or know) is about to be shut down as soon as you have completed the backlog of applications. What makes anybody think that they are going to be in a hurry to process the applications and become unemployed?
I think civil servants have a higher sense of duty.........:D

• Funny
Reactions: richyrich

Unemployed? You sir, must not be familiar with the civil service. Let me tell you what happened to all the Ontario tax people when the PST merged with the HST -- they got moved over to the federal side & became auditors. Civil servants don't become unemployed.

Last edited:
Hopefully none are reading this thread :) Imagine the best of the group being the first to move on to other positions just as an avalanche of applications comes in with a resulting negative impact on turnaround. That wouldn't be good.

Then again, maybe they'll just start rubber stamping them. :)

Starting a thread for people to post the status of their rebate applications. Please post:

Delivery Date:
Rebate Application Submission Date:
Rebate Payment Date:

Also post any relevant information you may receive from rebate administrators

My info:
Delivery Date: June 7, 2018
Rebate Application Submission Date: June 8, 2018
Rebate Payment Date: ??

Also, I only received the automated response:
"Hello,

Your email to the Electric Vehicle Incentive Program has been received.

Should you require a response, you will be contacted within 1 business day......"

Anybody get more correspondence?

Delivery Date: May 31, 2018
Rebate Application Submission Date: May 31, 2018

Other than the email I haven't heard anything back just yet. I remember someone mentioning on here that they were going through April rebates a couple weeks ago. I think we're getting closer to getting ours.

I took delivery on June 5th and filed that night. Received the auto response and also confirmed that they received both claims (car and charger). No $ so far.

Delivery Date: June 5
Rebate Application Submission Date: June 5

Delivery Date: June 4
Rebate Application Submission Date: June 4

All I've gotten was the automated email after I submitted it. I really don't understand why it takes so long to process these applications. Isn't it someone's dedicated job?

This was joked on before... If it was your job to push these papers, and the new boss has promised to end the funding (your departments budgets). Would you work super fast and hard to get it all done or let it run over so you keep your job longer? Civil servants are there for life; they can poison entire water systems and get slaps on the wrist (Flint MI). So... yeah... it'll be a while. They want as much interest as possible out of that lump sum of money while they do their "Value for Dollar" audits aka stall and stall until people forget we have this money.