Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also filed a complaint with the ombudsman’s office using the link in the previous posts. It was pretty straightforward and took less than 5 minutes to complete. Hopefully lighting a fire under the government this way will speed things up a bit. An over 7 months wait is ridiculously long.

Just an update. The Ontario obudsman (department?) actually called me back and they collected all the information that I had and are making inquiries. The response back was welcoming as they actually were unaware of this issue and were surprised that it's taken so long (7 months).

I mentioned that I was part of a larger group of people that are all in the same boat, and that this isn't a individual issue. I told him about trickling out money for chargers (approximately 1000 dollars) so that they could keep the larger sum for interest (assumption).

He mentioned that if more people are having this issue to encourage them to also file a complaint as more complaints about the same issue will flag this as a more urgent matter.

Please fill out the form here: Make a Complaint - Ontario Ombudsman

Hopefully this kicks the tires a bit and we get our money back. As I'm sure some of us are slowly bleeding from loans on this 14K.

Just filed a complaint as well.

I was told by someone with a Model X that they applied for the rebate sometime in July and received it in November. This is heresay though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Seems like they are processing Model 3 applications slowly and separately.

What annoys me, is that I applied on June 2nd, and the MoF's mailbox was full and the bounce back ended up in my spam folder. I didn't notice until June 6th, reapplied and it went through. If they're mail systems weren't down I would have already gotten the incentive payment by now.

Filed a complaint as well. Thanks.

That can't be true since the rebate program changed in March 2018 making vehicles that cost $75,000+ ineligible for the rebate. Model 3 was the only vehicle on the list that qualifies.

I was told by someone with a Model X that they applied for the rebate sometime in July and received it in November. This is heresay though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Got this reply today

Could you please resend me the original email submission for your EHVIP application? The Ministry is working as fast as possible and has added additional resources to ensure applications are reviewed and processed correctly and quickly. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and the Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

I hope they don't come back and tell me they lost my application..

Got this reply today

Could you please resend me the original email submission for your EHVIP application? The Ministry is working as fast as possible and has added additional resources to ensure applications are reviewed and processed correctly and quickly. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and the Ministry will contact you if your application is missing information.

I hope they don't come back and tell me they lost my application..
to which email? the same one?

Seems like they are processing Model 3 applications slowly and separately.

What annoys me, is that I applied on June 2nd, and the MoF's mailbox was full and the bounce back ended up in my spam folder. I didn't notice until June 6th, reapplied and it went through. If they're mail systems weren't down I would have already gotten the incentive payment by now.

Is not just M3 rebates are slow; I sent in my Mercedes plug-in rebate form on June22, I still haven't received my rebate.

I recall a media story (prior to the cancellation) that highlighted that the government was dragging their feet paying the rebate to dealers. Is there anyone here that has media connections that could do a similar story highlighting the amount of individuals getting screwed around if the ombudsman route doesn’t start producing results soon?

To answer myself, I tried calling yesterday and ended up at a message telling me to email [email protected] - looks like you can't speak to anyone any more. I've emailed but I'm fully expecting the same generic "it's being processed" message.

My bet is they've shipped all the printed-out emails and forms from MoF over to MTO in a vast amount of boxes and they're waiting for some skeleton crew to start working on them when they eventually get moving after the holiday break.

I think I'll do an ombudsman complaint too - it's been over six months now, not unreasonable to at least be able to get status if not the payment.

I emailed them at the [email protected] address on Dec 7th, just after the move to MTO. Haven't had a response.