Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EVIP rebates update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery June 5th
Submission June 5th
Complaint sent to Ombudsman Jan 13th
Email status update sent to EVHIP Jan 14th
EVHIP Jackie generic reply that they are doing their best Jan 15th
Received Ombudsman reply Jan 16th
Gave Ombudsman approval to investigate Jan 17th
Received $14000 cheque Jan 24 in the mail, no approval email before that.

this chapter has closed!

Delivery June 6th
Submission June 7th
Complaint sent to Ombudsman Jan 9th
Another email sent to EVHIP Jan 14th
EVHIP generic reply that they are doing their best Jan 15th
Generic Ombudsman reply by Richard Jan 17th
Email from EVHIP that my rebate was approved Jan 18th
14000 cheque received Jan 26th

Reactions: 03DSG
REpK0gd.jpg

Just checked my mailbox and my cheque was there! June 5th submission. Now this ordeal is finally wrapped up.

Wow I didn't buy until Sept 10th so at this rate of just over 6 months of processing probably looking at April if I'm lucky

Lol. We are Dec, 2018 buyers. June, 2019?

However, I think it will speed up from here. You see, the last one is June 20 or so. I think they are picking up speed.

I believe the bulk of applications are in June when Tesla shifted the delivery to Canada to avoid reaching the US milestone. Remember, it got cancelled in July, and there was a slow down from July to Sep as Ontario said Tesla buyers were not eligible.

Having said that, I expect we will monitor the situation until at least April. May be they are aiming for March lol

Lol. We are Dec, 2018 buyers. June, 2019?

However, I think it will speed up from here. You see, the last one is June 20 or so. I think they are picking up speed.

I believe the bulk of applications are in June when Tesla shifted the delivery to Canada to avoid reaching the US milestone. Remember, it got cancelled in July, and there was a slow down from July to Sep as Ontario said Tesla buyers were not eligible.

Having said that, I expect we will monitor the situation until at least April. May be they are aiming for March lol
Hey I'm going to be honest with you but I doubt that's the case. I know I applied June 20th but I was emailing them back and forth questioning my position in their "queue". Finally the guy replied back saying my application is now under review. So either he expedited my email or I don’t know because some people from June 4th never even got an email yet.