Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for all the great work. By any chance, does the CF look ok? From the picture it doesnt look as nice as the console. I installed the CF on the console and looks great however the door trim photos doesnt look as nice.

Can others post pix if you install the CF door trim? I was wondering if it would look weird if my door trim is the matte black instead of the CF, since brushed metal is totally noticeable.

Thanks for all the great work. By any chance, does the CF look ok? From the picture it doesnt look as nice as the console. I installed the CF on the console and looks great however the door trim photos doesnt look as nice.

Can others post pix if you install the CF door trim? I was wondering if it would look weird if my door trim is the matte black instead of the CF, since brushed metal is totally noticeable.

Matte door trim will work with any console wrap since it just blends in. I feel like Carbon Fiber does not really photograph well, looks better in person than it does in photos.

6-6.jpg
7-7.jpg
15-15.jpg
2-2.jpg

Reactions: tracksyde
What do you all think about half matte half piano? The piano matches the glossy screen very well and I don't feel like I'm going to be using the upper console that much.

Also is there a way to remove the scratches on the matte vinyl?

Attachments

• IMG_20180623_124419.jpg
    IMG_20180623_124419.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 69
What do you all think about half matte half piano? The piano matches the glossy screen very well and I don't feel like I'm going to be using the upper console that much.

Also is there a way to remove the scratches on the matte vinyl?

Did you have an issue installing the top piece? (I'll send you a replacement if you messed it up)

The Avery material is the best there is as far as showing scratches on a matte finish, in my experience, they will fade to some extent unless they are deeper. You could try cleaning it using some isopropyl alcohol on a paper towel.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
Ha! I saw that Amazon checked in the inventory and was like, let me go to the forum and let Ski know, then I saw that I already had a sale for it and I was like, I wonder if that's him. lol.

@Kenriko,

Ha! LOVE your stuff! Yes....beat you to it! :D Amazon must think I’m stalking your store! But you sure can let me know when the others hit....if I don’t beat you first again.:) Didn’t you say you had a piece ‘after the fact’ for the bottom of the phone dock? That slim bar?

Ski

No issue, but it seemed a bit short and I wasn't able to get it to cover the top corners and the bottom lip.

Did you have an issue installing the top piece? (I'll send you a replacement if you messed it up)

The Avery material is the best there is as far as showing scratches on a matte finish, in my experience, they will fade to some extent unless they are deeper. You could try cleaning it using some isopropyl alcohol on a paper towel.