Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meh, just got a few bad reviews on Amazon. #FeelsBadMan :'-(

For the record, I'll happily send out replacement pieces free of charge if you mess up your install. Just contact me on Reddit, TMC, M3OC or Amazon.

That stinks....I would have hoped these people that left negative reviews would have first reached out to you to make it right. And from what I'm seeing here in this thread, you are doing everything you can to make everything right...even if the end user messes the install on their end. I think you've gone above and beyond as a seller. I am most definitely going to order your wrap kits....I'm just holding off for now because despite being able to configure my 3 since the end of March, I'm deferring and waiting for the white interior on non-performance models and potentially the standard battery. So I might not get my car until very late in the year. But once I do, you can expect an order from me.

Thanks for doing all that you're doing! Your work, your work ethic, and the awesome way you treat your customers is exemplary !

--Cintoman

That stinks....I would have hoped these people that left negative reviews would have first reached out to you to make it right. And from what I'm seeing here in this thread, you are doing everything you can to make everything right...even if the end user messes the install on their end. I think you've gone above and beyond as a seller. I am most definitely going to order your wrap kits....I'm just holding off for now because despite being able to configure my 3 since the end of March, I'm deferring and waiting for the white interior on non-performance models and potentially the standard battery. So I might not get my car until very late in the year. But once I do, you can expect an order from me.

Thanks for doing all that you're doing! Your work, your work ethic, and the awesome way you treat your customers is exemplary !

--Cintoman

I agree wholeheartedly. I just ordered & received the console wrap. Haven’t had a chance to install it yet, but I’lm VERY impressed with the quick shipping, high quality of the product, excellent video instructions, and outstanding customer service/response. After watching the instructions a couple of times, I’m confident my install will go smoothly, and the recent offer of free replacement if I screw up just makes me that much more comfortable. Ignore the haters, keep up the great work!

@Skione65

Hmm does that text actually match like it's supposed to? Why yes, yes it does.

IMG_4428.jpg

So I tried to convert the .ai files to .svg using Adobe Illustrator and importing the image into Cricut Design Space. Printed just fine and tried to install the cup holder vinyl. The problem I'm having is having slack in the cup holder. So I don't know if I converted it wrong (used AI defaults) or there's some other Cricut Design Space setting I need to change as it seems like possibly it's a little bigger than it should be.

So I tried to convert the .ai files to .svg using Adobe Illustrator and importing the image into Cricut Design Space. Printed just fine and tried to install the cup holder vinyl. The problem I'm having is having slack in the cup holder. So I don't know if I converted it wrong (used AI defaults) or there's some other Cricut Design Space setting I need to change as it seems like possibly it's a little bigger than it should be.

I don't own a Cricut so I won't be able to help much with Cricut specific configuration. Also I'm not sure what material you're using but some vinyl will stretch just pulling it off the backing so you should be using 3M 1080 or Avery SW900.

I don't own a Cricut so I won't be able to help much with Cricut specific configuration. Also I'm not sure what material you're using but some vinyl will stretch just pulling it off the backing so you should be using 3M 1080 or Avery SW900.
I'm hoping some other Cricut users may weigh in. I am using 3M 1080 CF. The actual design space for the door switch file won't even fit in a 12"x12" mat so that's another reason I think aspect is wrong for me.

I'm hoping some other Cricut users may weigh in. I am using 3M 1080 CF. The actual design space for the door switch file won't even fit in a 12"x12" mat so that's another reason I think aspect is wrong for me.

Oh yeah, that's totally wrong then If you inspect the cupholder in Illustrator you should see it's 9.49x7.75 which would easily fit in a 12x12.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Oh yeah, that's totally wrong then If you inspect the cupholder in Illustrator you should see it's 9.49x7.75 which would easily fit in a 12x12.
I was referring to the door switch which is a bigger print and why I mentioned it didn't fit the 12x12. So I measured the cupholder cutout and the 7.75" appears to be correct but the other dimension is about 1/8" longer from the 9.49". Cricut Design Space says it's 9.588".

Ok, went and looked in the original .ai file and it shows the dimensions as 7.75 and 9.588 for the cupholder.

upload_2018-6-26_18-8-38.png

Last edited:
So I haven't attempted to install again but I'm going to speculate that I stretched out the material and that's why I was getting the slack in the cupholder only on the passenger side.

I also found out that (Cricut noob) that cut space on a standard 12x12 mat will only give you 11.5x11.5 to work. Also Cricut Design Space has a tendency to rearrange how things should be cut if you don't tell it specifically not to using "attach" in order to print the door switch file to fit within the 12x10 space. Slightly rearranging a couple of buttons, deleting the wheel cap (?) and rotating one image made everything fit without the confusion of figuring out where everything goes.

@Kenriko just a suggestion but can you include your map of where buttons go in your Github link like you show in your installation video?