Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea when the wood trim wrap will be available. I looked through this thread and it looked like you were shooting for the end of this month. Any updates on that?

That was my original timeline now I'm looking at mid-September.

There are roughly a 10 days of lag from when I produce the product to when it's finally available on Amazon. So even if I can get the design finalized within this week it'll still be a few weeks out.

• Love
Reactions: Skione65
@Kenriko, I had my car in for service yesterday and the tech commented on how nice the center console wrap was. I was sure to tell him how to find your product on Amazon and he said that he would pass that along to his other techs. Apparently they get a lot of questions about protecting or replacing the center console.

Installed my matte black door trim today. Honestly, I don't like the look of it. It blends in TOO well with the interior. I'll either swap it out for matrix or just remove it. I thought the fitment wasn't as precise as I would have liked but that's to be expected since these pieces are butted up against interior pieces which will have a lot of variances compared to the center console.

Still quality stuff and the installation video helped a lot once again.

~Paik

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Installed my matte black door trim today. Honestly, I don't like the look of it. It blends in TOO well with the interior. I'll either swap it out for matrix or just remove it. I thought the fitment wasn't as precise as I would have liked but that's to be expected since these pieces are butted up against interior pieces which will have a lot of variances compared to the center console.

Still quality stuff and the installation video helped a lot once again.

~Paik

I have similar feelings about the Matte Black door trim that there's not quite enough contrast, but I get constant requests to bring it back (you must have bought one that was still kicking around Amazon's warehouse) I'll send you a Matrix Door trim for free when they are ready if you'd like. PM me.

I have similar feelings about the Matte Black door trim that there's not quite enough contrast, but I get constant requests to bring it back (you must have bought one that was still kicking around Amazon's warehouse) I'll send you a Matrix Door trim for free when they are ready if you'd like. PM me.

Totally NOT necessary. Happy to BUY the matrix set from you when it's available. You've already saved a lot of us a lot of money/time/effort with the work you all are doing. Want to support what you're doing in any little way I can.

~Paik

That was my original timeline now I'm looking at mid-September.

There are roughly a 10 days of lag from when I produce the product to when it's finally available on Amazon. So even if I can get the design finalized within this week it'll still be a few weeks out.
Thanks for the update. I assume you are planning to do a one piece wrap to cover the wood? Also, any idea what the price is going to be for that and what color options you are going to do first?

Matte Black or Matrix? So hard to choose from, anyone has a good Matrix pic taken from further away to show both console and car seats?
Is the Matrix door trim coming soon? Thanks.
20180830_125001.jpg

Kenriko, I've decided to try my hand at cutting my own vinyl using a Silhouette Cameo 3. Starting with your door sill template. It looks like the primary piece is about 20" long. The actual sill panel on my Model 3 is about 18.5". Does this sound right?

I downloaded the .ai file, opened it with Inkscape and saved as .svg. Then opened in Silhouette Studio. Has one of the apps rescaled the image without my knowing it?

Kenriko, I've decided to try my hand at cutting my own vinyl using a Silhouette Cameo 3. Starting with your door sill template. It looks like the primary piece is about 20" long. The actual sill panel on my Model 3 is about 18.5". Does this sound right?

I downloaded the .ai file, opened it with Inkscape and saved as .svg. Then opened in Silhouette Studio. Has one of the apps rescaled the image without my knowing it?
I have that happen all the time with images. Frustrating, but fixable.

Nope, the size sounds off since the template also has some scuff protectors for the rear which are roughly ~10in. If you have the version of Silhouette Studio that can import PDFs that's the most foolproof way to import since it retains the sizing info. I've not attempted to use a Cameo to cut the door sills so you're blazing new trails.