Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have similar feelings about the Matte Black door trim that there's not quite enough contrast, but I get constant requests to bring it back (you must have bought one that was still kicking around Amazon's warehouse) I'll send you a Matrix Door trim for free when they are ready if you'd like. PM me.

Add me to the list of wanting Matte Black door trim to match my matte black center console! I've been checking Amazon every few days and didn't know you stopped making them. :(

Solved my problem with the proper sizing of the .ai file for the door sills (from github). By converting to PDF first, the dimensions were preserved. I first cut a piece of red 3M 1080 a bit undersized, then covered it with 3M 1080 Matrix Black using Kenriko's template. This on a blue Model 3. Looks great, I think.

Attachments

• IMG-5447.jpg
    IMG-5447.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 113
@Kenriko
Solved my problem with the proper sizing of the .ai file for the door sills (from github). By converting to PDF first, the dimensions were preserved. I first cut a piece of red 3M 1080 a bit undersized, then covered it with 3M 1080 Matrix Black using Kenriko's template. This on a blue Model 3. Looks great, I think.

@drkaye,

What 3M 1080 did you use the 3M 1080 M13 Matte red?

Ski

What 3M 1080 did you use the 3M 1080 M13 Matte red?

3M 1080 G83 Gloss Dark Red. (It's not particularly dark. Matches the epoxy red paint I used on my brake calipers.) I originally tried 3M 1080 GP253 Gloss Cinder Spark Red, but it really is too dark. And the Matrix Black is 3M 1080 MX12. I tried BR212 Brushed Black Metallic, but the Matrix Black just looks so much better. I'm going to use Matrix Black over the wood dashboard strip, too.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde

I assume you used a vinyl cutter?

I assume you used a vinyl cutter?

Yes, I bought a Silhouette Cameo 3. Yet another (financially) whacko decision. The cutter costs more than US$200. And in small quantities (12"x60" rolls) the vinyl costs almost as much as Kenriko's kits. Seriously: You can pay US$25 for the vinyl to make a kit for which Kenriko charges less than US$30. It only makes sense if (a) you need something Kenriko doesn't yet offer, and/or (b) you're as crazy as I am.

Reactions: phtp
Yes, I bought a Silhouette Cameo 3. Yet another (financially) whacko decision. The cutter costs more than US$200. And in small quantities (12"x60" rolls) the vinyl costs almost as much as Kenriko's kits. Seriously: You can pay US$25 for the vinyl to make a kit for which Kenriko charges less than US$30. It only makes sense if (a) you need something Kenriko doesn't yet offer, and/or (b) you're as crazy as I am.

Thanks. Maybe a combination? Have plans for other things and just as crazy. :D

Has anyone installed a door trim kit along with the white center console wrap? I’m scheduled for delivery of a white interior Model 3 in a week. I already have the white console wrap and am wondering which of the door trim kits would look good with it.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the vectors. I purchased your matte black console kit and its great. (though I messed up both cup holder pieces). The vectors work great and I was able to cut a new cup holder piece (2 to be exact) and get it perfect. Working on the rest of the pieces!