Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazon checked in the inventory as if it were the "Brushed Black" - gotta wait for them to actually go and check what's in the box before they fix it. The system won't let me complain about it for 21 days so I'll need to send another box of inventory.

Sorry. :-(

So Amazon opens the box for each of your items, and then re-seals the box? Are they worried that some merchant will ship a brick?

So Amazon opens the box for each of your items, and then re-seals the box? Are they worried that some merchant will ship a brick?

Nope if it's "case packed" they don't even open the box which is the problem. They checked it in as if it were brushed black and won't fix it until I am allowed to file a reconciliation or they run out of the inventory in the other boxes and open it up. I tried contacting customer service which was zero help. :-|

Installed the brush Black this afternoon, will write an Amazon review later on.

Overall I’m very happy with it especially the phone cover los and center console lid. I’m on the fence about the cup holder area. It’s not difficult to install per say, I followed the video and lining everything up was easy.

I’m not sure if it’s more or less apparent on the brushed black, but for every effort to pull up to rub a wrinkle out, or for any part of the material that made firm contact with the surface, it made a permanent wrinkle mark on the material. No amount of rubbing could get it out. So even though my first attempt was lined up fine, I decided to pull it and use the backup piece provided. I was more comfortable with how to work it at this point and did a much better job preventing contact in front of the cup holders.

I had quite a bit of contact and stretching toward the back which the perfectionist in me cringes over but you can’t see it with the arm rest closed so I’m going to see if I can live with it. I wish there was a way to install the cup holder piece similar to the other two because I have zero wrinkle marks on those.

Not a complaint, just an FYI for any else that bought the kits to really try to install it without having to pull it back up to smooth the bubbles. I’m very happy with the way it looks! The brushed black really looks like it was original to the car.

Excited to work on the door handles next!

Attachments

• 8BDF6B2E-EA3D-4B22-90C9-14CC8BD06439.jpeg
    8BDF6B2E-EA3D-4B22-90C9-14CC8BD06439.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 3DE134A5-281E-4007-A5C8-5E0DB31EA536.jpeg
    3DE134A5-281E-4007-A5C8-5E0DB31EA536.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 112