Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Open Source DIY Model 3 Console Wrap Template

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mid - end of this week.

I'll be adding more materials once I'm able to get all of my current materials sufficiently stocked.

For those that are curious, this is Matrix Black.

28151601_190610095022445_6072727523366535168_n.jpg
mid - end of this week.

I'll be adding more materials once I'm able to get all of my current materials sufficiently stocked.

For those that are curious, this is Matrix Black.

28151601_190610095022445_6072727523366535168_n.jpg

@Kenriko any updates on the carbon fiber console wrap? Been waiting for this since I got my 3 on Monday. :) Please update on status! Thank you!

i'm picking up my 3 monday and i've been back and forth every day this week on whether to just buy the carbon fiber kit once it's back in stock or buy a roll of matrix black and use my wife's cricut to cut my own. how big a roll of vinyl is needed if i'm cutting my own?

i'm picking up my 3 monday and i've been back and forth every day this week on whether to just buy the carbon fiber kit once it's back in stock or buy a roll of matrix black and use my wife's cricut to cut my own. how big a roll of vinyl is needed if i'm cutting my own?

Carbon Fiber should be in-stock this weekend (unless Amazon drops the ball which happens sometimes)

1ft x 5ft should do. I've heard the Cricut can be a pain getting it to size the template properly, I've not used one myself.

I just got a full roll of Matrix Black in today so likely ~10 days before it's available on Amazon.

Reactions: crackers8199
Similar to carbon fiber but looks less glossy.

Agree, carbon fiber is more ostentatious while matrix black looks refined and sophisticated ;). I bought the CF when it first came out but I would've gotten the matrix black instead if they came out at the same time. Will definitely switch in the future as it looks like the CF wears a bit quicker (shows smudges easier).

Matix Black is my new favorite material. Super easy to install looks and feels great. View attachment 320969

i need to has that. you just absolutely sealed my decision on matrix black vs carbon fiber...now the only question is am i waiting for yours to hit amazon or try to cut my own.

i'm leaning towards waiting, but i'm going to be uber paranoid that i'm going to scratch something in the week between picking up my 3 on monday and your matrix black being available a week later...

My matte black wrap is starting to un-adhere around the edges of the cupholders after a few days. Has this happened to anyone? Perhaps the wrap is too tightly stretched?

This will happen when there is too much stretch around a curve during the install. Getting it nice and tucked can help but in general, you want to avoid stretching it into place around the cupholder curves or the back edge.

Will you post here when you are about to send a shipment to Amazon FBA, @Kenriko?

FBA already has a large shipment that was delivered 3 days ago, I'm at the mercy of Amazon as to when an employee goes through the deliveries scans them in and places them on the shelf (which is when they show "available" on the site) But yes I usually post here when they come back in-stock.