Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason, I can't send email to openvehicles.com:

----- Transcript of session follows -----
<[email protected]>... Deferred: Connection refused by openvehicles.com.
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Two different messages on two different days, one as a reply to the message from info@ and a second to support@ as requested, received the same result.

So, here is the screenshot:

screenshot.png

Today for the first time I am receiving notifications on my iPhone from the OVMS app, such as "Vehicle Alert #1165: Key in Key Switch Door Ajar". Is this change in behavior a result of the recent app update? Is this controlled by parameter #3, Notifications? AFAIK, that parameter value has not been changed.

Today for the first time I am receiving notifications on my iPhone from the OVMS app, such as "Vehicle Alert #1165: Key in Key Switch Door Ajar". Is this change in behavior a result of the recent app update? Is this controlled by parameter #3, Notifications? AFAIK, that parameter value has not been changed.

Recent App update fixed notifications for some iOS users. Most likely they were broken for you before, and now working.

Tr2s/1173 (00002000)

Hi Mark
Not sure if you prefer posts here or email support @ openvehicles (dot) com ?
anyway - OVMS + GEOsim all works FAB :smile:

Since I've had it gives the following Vehicle Alert Code: TR2S/1173 (00002000)
sometimes a few times a day, sometimes rarely - what is it ?
(both ios and android)
I get other codes but they are obvious (eg door open key in ignition etc.)
thanks
Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-28-20-34-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-28-20-34-10.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 306
Hi Mark
Not sure if you prefer posts here or email support @ openvehicles (dot) com ?
anyway - OVMS + GEOsim all works FAB :smile:

Since I've had it gives the following Vehicle Alert Code: TR2S/1173 (00002000)
sometimes a few times a day, sometimes rarely - what is it ?
(both ios and android)
I get other codes but they are obvious (eg door open key in ignition etc.)
thanks
Mark

Mark,

The issue is most likely that your car is generating debug-only alerts (in your case #1173). While the in-car VDS can differentiate between debug alerts (which are suppressed unless the VDS is in debug mode) and normal alerts, OVMS cannot - so we send all alerts to the apps. In your case that alert #1173 is coming and going on a regular basis, but is probably nothing to worry about.

You can suppress these alerts by setting feature #14 to 8.

Regards, Mark.

Mark,

The issue is most likely that your car is generating debug-only alerts (in your case #1173). While the in-car VDS can differentiate between debug alerts (which are suppressed unless the VDS is in debug mode) and normal alerts, OVMS cannot - so we send all alerts to the apps. In your case that alert #1173 is coming and going on a regular basis, but is probably nothing to worry about.

Regards, Mark.

Thanks Mark for the info on suppressing the alerts. I get them them quite often with my 2.0 Roadster.
Is there somewhere to get a translation of what the numerical codes mean? I would like to know before I start eliminating the alert.
Thanks for your continued support.

Mark,

Regards, Mark.

Thanks Mark,
as Chillout has suggested that code might be 'low input voltage' which may well be it .. as the car charges at the end of a long electrical spur .. I've seen ~230v (should be 240v) .
As ever keep up the GREAT work ... I hope all the data on our cars might also be helping real analysis eg PIA.

Hey Markwj,

I have some feature suggestions for OVMS, and I would love to code some of them myself, but I'm having some trouble getting OVMS working succesfully off github in Eclipse with the most recent Android SDK. Do I need some additional libraries? Or would you prefer me just sending the feature suggestions/design and discussing it with you?

Hey Markwj,

I have some feature suggestions for OVMS, and I would love to code some of them myself, but I'm having some trouble getting OVMS working succesfully off github in Eclipse with the most recent Android SDK. Do I need some additional libraries? Or would you prefer me just sending the feature suggestions/design and discussing it with you?

Send an eMail with the problems you are having to support (at) openvehicles (dot) com, and I'll see what can be done.

For the changes themselves, probably best to send in a short summary and I can let you know how best to handle it and if there is any duplication with what anyone else is doing.

OVMS App problems with iOS 8.1?

Since upgrading to iOS 8.1 (on iPhone 6), I have been unable to change any of the PARAMETERS from the Settings -> Control -> Parameters screen.

I wanted to change the Cooldown value (PARAMETER #15), but the OVMS App just exits when I try to save a new value. Also tried changing some other parameters with the same result.

Is anybody else seeing this?

Also, is there a way to change these parameters via SMS? I know you can set a FEATURE, but I haven't been able to find an SMS command so far that worked for a PARAMETER.

Since upgrading to iOS 8.1 (on iPhone 6), I have been unable to change any of the PARAMETERS from the Settings -> Control -> Parameters screen.

Parameter out of range - iOS 8.0.2 · Issue #14 · openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-iOS · GitHub

Yes, a known issue with iOS 8.0.2 and later. We've submitted a fix (v1.6.5) to Apple about 9 days ago, that went into review yesterday. Absent further delays with approval (which hopefully shouldn't happen as this is a simple bug fix release), it should be automatically released either today/tomorrow.

Average App Store Review Times
shows 9 days average currently, so we're about on track. Apple seems a bit backed-up with all the new iOS 8 apps.

P.S. The PARAMS sms message will set ALL parameters. You have to list them starting with the PARAM_MILESKM (#2) and use '-' to denote a blank value. Kind of messy, and prone to error if you get things like the GPRS APN wrong...

Thanks, Mark!

At least I know it's not a problem on my end. Will test with the new version as soon as it is available.

Update: I just downloaded v. 1.6.5, and am once again able to change PARAMETER values.

Last edited: