Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here and the IP address is not reachable.

Pinging tmc.openvehicles.com [54.243.136.230] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 54.243.136.230:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Same here and the IP address is not reachable.

Pinging tmc.openvehicles.com [54.243.136.230] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 54.243.136.230:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

ping is often not a reliable test for connectivity because the target system or some network component in between may block ICMP packets for various reasons, typically a false belief that it enhances security. In this particular case, I had tested a TCP connection to port 80, and that worked, but the connection to port 6867 was refused.

I'm having a bit of a problem with my v1 module. Have you guys ever seen anything like this?

Also I don't know if this is a problem, but this green wire is out...

IMG_1150.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed mine and all went fine. Most time was spent on disabling the PIN code on the SIM card. My carrier told me I needed to buy some hardware to do so, but I found a free way that could help others here.. I downloaded the trial of Dekart SIM Manager and used a Omnikey 3021 card reader, and with 2 clicks the job was done.

Look inside the OVMS box. You will see how the wires which are paired up in the connector split, with one set going to each board. You can make the splice there and maybe use a small wire nut. I had some trouble with my V1 connector and ended up getting a new connector and pins to fix it. The new V2 OVMS has a much better connector/cable assembly.

Nevermind, I got it to work.
It was just that some of the settings were still set to the previous owner's. Once I set everything correctly, everything works perfectly.
Next step is mounting :D
Thanks for the help y'all!

Well my v2 module showed up tonight and I'm having no luck getting it to work with my H2O sim card. I can get the module up and running to the point where I can SMS back and forth with it to set command and make queries, but I can't get GPRS to fire up no matter what I do. From what I can tell, I should be able to issue the following command and everything should start working:

GPRS att.mvno - -

But the module will never connect to GPRS after this point. Anybody have any tips, or should I just toss the H2O sim and try out another vendor? Argh....

Well my v2 module showed up tonight and I'm having no luck getting it to work with my H2O sim card. I can get the module up and running to the point where I can SMS back and forth with it to set command and make queries, but I can't get GPRS to fire up no matter what I do. From what I can tell, I should be able to issue the following command and everything should start working:

GPRS att.mvno - -
But the module will never connect to GPRS after this point. Anybody have any tips, or should I just toss the H2O sim and try out another vendor? Argh....
There is a slide switch on the circuit board. Position the switch away from the LED's for GPRS, towards the LED's for SMS only.