Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Vehicle Monitoring System

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new version iOS App (iPod Touches, iPhones and iPads) is being released to the iTunes App store. This version identifies itself as v1.3.7 and offers the following enhancements:

• Revised icons, to reflect the support for new vehicle types
  • New volt/ampera artwork
  • v2.5.1 vehicle firmware feature support
  • v2.5.1 vehicle firmware parameter support
  • Show CAC on vehicle information sheet
  • Production TestFlightApp integration
  • Various bug fixes
  • Open Charge Map integration

That last one is the 'biggy' - thanks to the wonderful folks over at Zero Carbon World (Open Charge Map - Zero Carbon World) and the Open Charge Map project (Open Charge Map - The global public registry of electric vehicle charging locations), the vehicle location tab now shows charging stations within range of your vehicle.

The new version is being released now and should appear on the App store within the next few hours.

Any idea of timing for implementation of the CAC and Open Charge Map integration for Android (I ordered my OVMS Monday and am waiting NOT so patiently :biggrin: for it to arrive)?

Any idea of timing for implementation of the CAC and Open Charge Map integration for Android (I ordered my OVMS Monday and am waiting NOT so patiently :biggrin: for it to arrive)?

As jaanton says (thanks for quick reply), CAC is in the latest Android version.

Not so sure about openchargemap - we got sponsorship for the iOS work for that, so Android version will depend on either sponsorship or someone stepping forward and doing it. I'm very willing to assist, but have too much on my plate to do it myself at the moment.

Hi - I've installed an OVMSv2 (firmware 1.3.5) in my Tesla Roadster 2.0 sport. SMS, GPRS, iPhone app, etc are all working well. The one thing that's not working is GPS - it always reports all zeros for the coordinates. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Jonathan

Hi - I've installed an OVMSv2 (firmware 1.3.5) in my Tesla Roadster 2.0 sport. SMS, GPRS, iPhone app, etc are all working well. The one thing that's not working is GPS - it always reports all zeros for the coordinates. Any ideas?

Assuming you have vehicle type as "TR", OVMS gets the GPS from the vehicle itself via the CAN bus. For it to be all zeros would be strange.

Can you send in SMS output for MODULE? GPRS? SERVER? DIAG and STAT to support (at) openvehicles (dot) com, and we'll have a look.

Regards, Mark.

I've just committed v2.5.3 and pushed to github. I've also tagged it (as v2.5.3) and upload pre-built .hex files in the vehicle/firmware directory.

Short story: v2.5.3 is unlikely to blow up your car, but has probably got lots of bugs, and I need developer help testing to find those bugs and fix them.

Big caveat: this is testing code, please don't use ACC if you _really_ need that charge to get to work / school / the beach / wherever. Don't blame me if your car doesn't start the charge as scheduled.

More details over here: Open Vehicle Monitor System (OVMS) - Technical Discussion - Page 7

and discussion on the OVMS developers mailing list.

Regards, Mark.

Sold out on Fasttech website? More coming? Timeframe?

Yep. Sorry about that. Low-stock notification screw-ups combined with some large batch orders.

New batch arriving this weekend (9th/10th November), so should be back in stock early next week.

P.S. Fair warning: we cleared out the distributor's stock of Roadster DIAG port connectors, and are finding it harder and harder to get these connectors in less-than-ludicrous quantities (they are now quoting 4 month lead times and minimum quantities in the 1,000+). We managed to get enough for 100 new OVMS roadster cables, which are going into Fasttech stock. If you want OVMS for Roadster, get it now.

P.P.S. Other supported cars not affected. The OBDII connectors are plentiful, as that is a very standard connector type.

For those waiting, just a short note to say that both Fasttech and ZeroCarbonWorld now have OVMS back in stock.

For UK / European users: Zero Carbon World OVMS.

For all others: Fasttech OVMS.

Regards, Mark.

P.S. Fair warning: we cleared out the distributor's stock of Roadster DIAG port connectors, and are finding it harder and harder to get these connectors in less-than-ludicrous quantities (they are now quoting 4 month lead times and minimum quantities in the 1,000+). We managed to get enough for 100 new OVMS roadster cables, which are going into Fasttech stock. If you want OVMS for Roadster, get it now.

P.P.S. Other supported cars not affected. The OBDII connectors are plentiful, as that is a very standard connector type.

A good day.

OVMS Android App v3.2.1 is now released to beta test. You can get it from testflightapp:

TestFlight Beta Testing On The Fly

We’re using TestFlightApp for both iOS and Android Apps, so it would be helpful if you could register there. If you do, you’ll get notified of new builds as and when they are released.

For those not already in testflightapp, the following URL should allow you to sign-up: TestFlight Open Vehicles Beta Invitation

As with the iOS App, we’ve had sponsorship and support from Zero Carbon World for this:

Charging station integration and information provided by Zero Carbon World (Open Charge Map - Zero Carbon World) and the Open Charge Map project (Open Charge Map - The global public registry of electric vehicle charging locations).

Let me have feedback / problems via testflightapp or the via the developers mailing list. It is a beta #1 build, but is functionally complete. The only known issue is a 20 second delay when a new car is setup (or the first time the app is run), for charge station data to be downloaded.

Regards, Mark.

Last edited:
I just posted a blog explaining how the OVMS Charge Time Predictor for the Roadster works.

OVMS and the Tesla Roadster Charge Time Predictor

Great work and nice write up. Thanks Tom.

"Having a charge time predictor enables a whole new charging feature: the ability to set the end time for a charge."

This is a great feature. I hope Tesla adds this to the Model S, and that more third party enhancements like OVMS become available for the MS.

GSP

Vehicle firmware v2.6.5 has been pushed to github. It is tagged (as v2.6.5) and we have uploaded pre-built .hex files in the vehicle/firmware directory.

2014-03-10 2.6.5 Firmware 2.6.5
# Change car_tmotor to signed int
# Call vehicle_fn_poll0() in OVMS_POLLER, if no poll list defined
# Twizy release 3.2.0
# EEPROM CFG profile storage (3 custom profiles)
# CFG profile management commands: LOAD, SAVE, INFO
# CFG profile selection & display via simpl
# Tesla Roadster: Treat TBattery as signed
# ACC: Add a RADIUS parameter, supporting geo-fencing per acc locations
# ACC: Route MSG commands through to ACC (for special handling)
# ACC: Support charge, stop, and cooldown overrides

2014-01-19 2.6.2 Firmware 2.6.2
# Remove duplicate car_stale_* decrements in individual vehicle modules
# Updates to vehicle_thinkcity
# Mitsubishi: tbergo changes 1.5 ... 1.8
# Move can bus low level register access to vehicle.c,
# (out of individual vehicle modules)
# OBDII: Implementation using new vehicle polling framework
# Structural changes to support new vehicle polling framework
# Changes to crypt_md5 library to save 62 bytes of initialised ram
# GSM clock polling, Request, and sync, GSM time
# Fix to doors2 bits
# Some work on nissan leaf
# Fixed QC detection and 12V alarm issue
# Twizy V3.0.2: CFG TSMAP allows 0..100 for levels 2..4
# Twizy version 3.1.0:
# TSMAP: levels 1..4 now allow 0%
# Power map generator extended for pwr max lo/hi, added sanity check
# Renamed command "POWER" to "DRIVE", "TORQUE" to "POWER",
# Changed param handling
# Twizy 3.1.1:
# SDO segmented upload support (readsdo_buf)
# new command: CFG READS (read string), CFG WRITEO (write only)
# Error counter hardening (counter reset by CFG command)
# Twizy V3.1.2:
# access to SEVCON logs / monitoring
# new command: MSG 209 = CMD_ResetLogs
# new command: MSG 210 = CMD_QueryLogs
# active faults log included with fault alert
# added Twizy client scripts
# Switch to extended mode compilation
# car_ambient_temp, car_tpem, car_tmotor and car_tpms_t to signed int