Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Operating dual-zone climate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a chance to try this. I can independently adjust the direction of the airflow, but no dedicated temp option for passenger.

That got me thinking, how do you close the vents entirely on either side? My wife usually does that if I have the air running cold.
In the Model 3 you cannot close the vents on either the driver or passenger side. Your only option is to divert the air or change the temperature.
Many have requested this as an enhancement since you can close vents in any ICE car.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I don't understand Tesla. If you put something in the manual and then don't deliver it. Why would you not put out a notice to early owners. Crickets. Dual Climate control is kind of standard.

I got my call from Tesla that they have a MY ready for me. I ordered end of Feb. Clearly they backlog and orders are drying up fast. I am not in a rush to get one. Not with C19, early build issues and not delivering features they put in a manual.

Tesla reminds me of Apple in 1983 when they had no competition for PCs. Arrogant, High Priced. Poor Customer Service.

ive been driving mine a couple days with no issues. I love it. Absolutely beat my expectations.

@Madmax_VA What did you try? Apparently "turn off climate sync" works:

This method worked! Thank you!

I previously tried voice command to set a different passenger side temperature, but that did not work as everything was still synced.

Now, once you state the command to turn off climate sync, you get to set temps manually on either side. I don’t see a sync button show up, but you can use voice commands to turn climate sync back on if needed.

Thanks to DAErik, too!

Attachments

• 880FD2FC-B7FD-4877-8BDF-21C2A0F47F50.jpeg
    880FD2FC-B7FD-4877-8BDF-21C2A0F47F50.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 113
This method worked! Thank you!

I previously tried voice command to set a different passenger side temperature, but that did not work as everything was still synced.

Now, once you state the command to turn off climate sync, you get to set temps manually on either side. I don’t see a sync button show up, but you can use voice commands to turn climate sync back on if needed.

Thanks to DAErik, too!
Yup this worked on mine too!

Yup this worked on mine too!

@MorrisonHiker
@ryanshawtech
@Madmax_VA

In the Model Y, I was able to UnSynch temp with voice control, and set different temp between driver and passenger BUT there is no change in temperature.

Tried with AC or Heat, no change, and it seems to just follow driver side temp. Waited at least several minutes AC or Heat but no difference in temp.

Compared to Model 3, there is a significant change in driver vs passenger temp (lo/hi) when "unsynched". Takes just few seconds, tested in AC or Heat.

Can anybody verify whether or not the voice control really enable Dual Climate?

Last edited:
In the Model Y, I was able to UnSynch temp with voice control, and set different temp between driver and passenger BUT there is no change in temperature.

Tried with AC or Heat, no change, and it seems to just follow driver side temp. Waited at least several minutes AC or Heat but no difference in temp.

Compared to Model 3, there is a significant change in driver vs passenger temp (lo/hi) when "unsynched". Takes just few seconds, tested in AC or Heat.

That is actually what I suspected. The software wasn't ready for dual zone yet, so they disabled it in the UI and missed disabling the voice control. I suspect they will get it working eventually.

@MorrisonHiker
@ryanshawtech
@Madmax_VA

We'll test that on our Y and see if we notice any issues. It will be a couple days since we're dropping it off tonight to get the Homelink transmitter installed tomorrow.

That's great! Does it actually vary the temperature as well?
Yep, I can independently change temps on driver and passenger sides, and the resulting changes in air temps correspond to the settings. In my case, I tested both hot and cold on the driver side, with opposite temps on the passenger side, and the air flowing out of the vents on each side was as dialed.

• Informative