Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opinions On Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are all opinions, but I would suggest getting something other than the piano black decor. Finger print magnet, and after driving my car and multiple other loaners, I have found the piano black to be the least consistent with the overall look and feel of the automobile.

Other note: get the sunroof. I didn't, and I kind of regret it.

As long as it’s a Tesla I think you’re making the right choice.

But since you asked, and since I’m a tree hugger:

Ideally I would want to go with some sort of wood grain. But since they changed the direction of the wood grain from vertical to horizontal I’m not so sure anymore. And since I haven’t seen the different wood finishes in person I guess I really don’t know. But carbon fiber looks nice.

I would probably make do without the yacht floor, and instead get on the queue for Tesla’s center console and wait until I’ll be able to install that one.

I would get black leather for the practicality.

I’d see if I could get a set of unpainted Aero Wheels in raw aluminum finish from Tesla’s manufacturer. Then I would powder coat them (the entire wheel) in a dark grey identical or similar to the grey 21’’ Tesla Turbine wheels. As I understand it the Aero Wheels can give you at least 3% more range at highway speeds.

I’d get the twin chargers just because if I’d ever need them sometime.

I’d get the Winter Package for the same reason in case I ever decide to head somewhere cold. As I understand it the functionality with regards to the wiper heating is currently not the best, but it seem that could be improved upon through a future software update, which might make this option a little better…

Can’t comment on the upgraded sound since I haven’t heard the two options.

I’d get the parcel shelf just because.

And I think I’d want the lighting package as well.

Personally I’d get silver since in AZ it will reflect more sunlight, thus keeping the car a little cooler if ever subjected to the sun. As I understand it, it also hides dirt longer than the Red. And it saves $750 :rolleyes:

I’d also see if I could get the metal prissy, and brake pedal installed from the start instead of the non-metal ones.

And I’d also see if I could get the car with the frunk and trunk Chrome Trim Inserts installed from the start instead of the plastic (?) ones.

Shop Tesla Gear Chrome Trim Inserts

I think that’s everything :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I would want a black headliner, so I would e-mail Tesla Ownership and nag about that :rolleyes:

Nice one Canuk. I did get into the queue for Tesla's center console.

I was on the fence about the pano roof until the test drive, to nice to pass up. Was worried about Tucson heat but figured I would be okay with limo tint on the pano roof.

Lastly, I've never been a fan of the piano black trim. It shows every speck of dust, smudge and fingerprint unless you regularly clean it. I have matte obeche and it' looks awesome and is low maintenance.

Some food for thought...

Second the Obeche. I have black interior with gloss obeche. It is beautiful. It is classy. It does fingerprint easily, but you don't go touching the obeche like you do the screen. We think the gloss makes a nice contrast to the black leather.

We had a loaner the other day, a white exterior 60 kWh. It was light leather interior with piano black gloss. Both my wife and I thought it looked cheap. Please don't anyone take that as any indication of anything. It was just our feeling after driving 300 miles in a Tesla loaner.

You need to go look at it. There is enough gray in it to reflect the silver exterior, and it goes really nicely with black interior.

I guess you haven't seen the button that checks all options?

Just kidding. Your choices look reasonable. It covers all the more disarable options. I don't think you missed any. You could add the parcel shelf now or later after you got the car.