Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opticoat - Toronto, GTA, Peterborough, Belleville, Kingston area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about for the overall look and paint correction?

Paint correction can vary depending on the detailer you choose. You will likely get a better result with a detailer that uses Opticoat pro or Cquartz finest as they supplied to detailers that have a proven track record. Since anyone can by 2.0 or Cquartz/Cquartz UK there is lot more variability. I prefer the looks of finest over Opticoat and ease of cleaning, both are great products and if applied correctly will last a long time on your car.

Paint correction can vary depending on the detailer you choose. You will likely get a better result with a detailer that uses Opticoat pro or Cquartz finest as they supplied to detailers that have a proven track record. Since anyone can by 2.0 or Cquartz/Cquartz UK there is lot more variability. I prefer the looks of finest over Opticoat and ease of cleaning, both are great products and if applied correctly will last a long time on your car.

I would likely use Kevin from GTA as many have recommended and get OptiCoat.

Is it too late for me to do this? I have had my car a year now and although there are no major scratches, there are minor ones and the usual wear and tear on the paint. Can these be minimized with repair work and the opticoat or am I just "sealing in" the existing imperfections at this point? I like the idea of reducing water spots and ease of cleaning. Plus I park in treed areas and get a lot of bird poop on my car in the summer.

Is it too late for me to do this? I have had my car a year now and although there are no major scratches, there are minor ones and the usual wear and tear on the paint. Can these be minimized with repair work and the opticoat or am I just "sealing in" the existing imperfections at this point? I like the idea of reducing water spots and ease of cleaning. Plus I park in treed areas and get a lot of bird poop on my car in the summer.

Opticoat pro needs at least a minimum of a polish using the primer. Any decent detailer can correct the car, just expect a higher price than if you had it done new.

Dashcams, Opticoat & Window Tinting in the GTA

Anyone have any observations/recommendations re Dashcams, Opticoat & Window tinting in the GTA...

P85+ | Pearl White | Black Performance Leather | 21" Silver Turbines | Pano | Tech Pkg | Premium Lighting | Parking Sensors | Piano Black | Fog Lamps| Sub Zero | Alcantara Headliner & Upper DT | UHFS | Smart Air | Dual Chargers | Parcel Shelf | CF Spoiler | RB Calipers | Delivery - late July |

I got my opticoat done by Hamza at "Get detailed". He did a great job and was very patient. And no pressure to do Cquartz.

I got my Xpel done from Richard of Milton who is the only authorized Xpel installer in this area.

Both of them (are not connected) did an excellent job on the car.

I got my opticoat done by Hamza at "Get detailed". He did a great job and was very patient. And no pressure to do Cquartz.

I got my Xpel done from Richard of Milton who is the only authorized Xpel installer in this area.

Both of them (are not connected) did an excellent job on the car.

ive been a lurker for some time. I wish this werent my first post but I feel the need to add this. Ive been looking into having my car detailed and was sent this earlier today by a detailer I worked with when I lived down south.

PSA: DO NOT go to Hamza at Get Detailed - An Honest Review (Warning: Long Post) - Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB

I took some advice from this thread and went to Kevin at GTA in Detail in Mississauga this weekend. I opted for cQuartz Finest instead of Opticoat for my one-month-old P85.

Thanks again to Kevin. The results were stunning.

IMG_3198.JPG

BUMP....

Anyone know if Kevin at GTA in detail is still in business?

left 2 messages and emails with no response this week.

picking up my Tesla Tuesday and want to discuss Opticoat.

i heard a lot of good things about him but I am a little worried.