Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Opting to pay for m3 with cash same as check from bank?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I switched my financing preference to cash, but realized I'll probably still be financing through my bank. My question is, isn't a check a check even if it comes from a bank? or will Tesla frown on financing through a personal bank.. Only reason I ask is my financing option doesn't seem to be editable anymore

"Cash" implies a check (cashiers or personal) or a wire transfer for the full amount owed. It also means that you legally own the car. "Financing" implies a loan taken out for the full amount owed and the bank essentially owns the car until you pay off the loan.

Somewhat different from a legal point of view (I'm not a lawyer).

I switched my financing preference to cash, but realized I'll probably still be financing through my bank. My question is, isn't a check a check even if it comes from a bank? or will Tesla frown on financing through a personal bank.. Only reason I ask is my financing option doesn't seem to be editable anymore

Tesla will be (most states, AFAIK) performing the registration on your behalf, so they need to know if they should include a lienholder.

Reactions: outdoors