Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orbital Wheel Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo, any contributors on here that can leave them a message and see how things are going? Thinking of joining the kickstart but wouldn’t mind seeing an encouraging word or two from the developers.

thanks in advance.

Another update from them:

"I hope you are staying safe.

Just a quick update - all testing and fine tuning is complete and the molds are now ready to go in production which is scheduled to start before Christmas and continue into next year. Painting and shipping to follow in January.

Happy Holidays! We can't wait for 2021!"

Sounds like good news. Maybe, just maybe we will actually get the product soon enough?

Just a quick update - all testing and fine tuning is complete and the molds are now ready to go in production which is scheduled to start before Christmas and continue into next year. Painting and shipping to follow in January.

Sounds like good news. Maybe, just maybe we will actually get the product soon enough?

Thank you.

Nice. Just put on my aero wheel covers today, gonna say I put my energy out there into the world and made this happen. :)

Nice. Just put on my aero wheel covers today, gonna say I put my energy out there into the world and made this happen. :)

And we appreciate

And we appreciate it. :)

We put put our aeros on for a road trip. These are ok, but looking forward to the new covers. There are a bunch of folks here waiting to see what they look like. They may be a big seller.

49843454981_7d2b5ff46b_c.jpg

Thinking our car should look like this...without the chrome delete. :) I love chrome.

50622514091_8e92d12872_c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: boiler81
Latest update from them:

"Hello Backers,

First production batch is underway and starting to ship out to the painting supplier - the last stop before they go out to you.

Happy Holidays everyone. Stay Safe!"

They also included a picture of what seems to be boxes of their products:
822873c23ab508dafbb3a79ea08c0e6d_original.jpg

So looks like good news?

Latest update from them:

"Hello Backers,

First production batch is underway and starting to ship out to the painting supplier - the last stop before they go out to you.

Happy Holidays everyone. Stay Safe!"

They also included a picture of what seems to be boxes of their products:
822873c23ab508dafbb3a79ea08c0e6d_original.jpg

So looks like good news?

Shut up and take my money. :).

Looking forward to it. Think they are going to look sharp.

Reactions: N.Y.R.
So educate me. Looks like its going to go. If you join the kickstart does it save you money on the product, or are you just closer to the front of the line.

Thanks in advance.
Kickstarter ended months ago, you missed out. You have to order on indiegogo now for $196 vs $160.

Both are not stores, per say. You are funding the project and your funding entitles you to the product. If it gets funded, you can get the product if the business doesn't fold before it gets to production. If it fails, you lose your money 99% of the time. This one looks like it made it and is a viable business minus the rocky road to get us here.

I did message them when this came out and they confirmed to me their intention is to raise the rates once their website goes live.

My guess is if you order now, you have to wait for 1300 orders on Kickstarter and 1600 on indiegogo to ship, but I have no idea. Message them and find out. Indie link below:

Orbital

• Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
So educate me. Looks like its going to go. If you join the kickstart does it save you money on the product, or are you just closer to the front of the line.

Thanks in advance.

The only way to get them if through their Indiegogo, their Kickstarter ended months ago. If you were their first backers within the first 24 hours, it was $120 + shipping at first (price gradually increased then), now it's $196 + shipping at Indiegogo.

• Informative
Kickstarter ended months ago, you missed out. You have to order on indiegogo now for $196 vs $160.

Both are not stores, per say. You are funding the project and your funding entitles you to the product. If it gets funded, you can get the product if the business doesn't fold before it gets to production. If it fails, you lose your money 99% of the time. This one looks like it made it and is a viable business minus the rocky road to get us here.

I did message them when this came out and they confirmed to me their intention is to raise the rates once their website goes live.

My guess is if you order now, you have to wait for 1300 orders on Kickstarter and 1600 on indiegogo to ship, but I have no idea. Message them and find out. Indie link below:

Orbital

Thank you for the link and explanation. I’ll send them a message.

Thank you for the link and explanation. I’ll send them a message.

I don’t see on the site how to send them a message directly. Do they have their own website? Is this Indiegogo site the only place to order them? Sorry, not up on how this Kickstarter stuff works.

cheers.

On edit. I see the other reply. That helps. Kinda hard to reach if you are not a backer.

thanks all.

I don’t see on the site how to send them a message directly. Do they have their own website? Is this Indiegogo site the only place to order them? Sorry, not up on how this Kickstarter stuff works.

cheers.

On edit. I see the other reply. That helps. Kinda hard to reach if you are not a backer.

thanks all.
You can try sending them a message on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/rimetrix?s=21

• Informative
I don’t see on the site how to send them a message directly. Do they have their own website?

They are pretty responsive to email to the address on their website.
This is the reply they sent me when I ask about public sales:

Hi,

I very much appreciate the feedback.

We will start selling online as soon as we fulfill the IG and KS campaign. We may have a transition period where we still sell through Indiegogo Indemand but ship instantly. The goal is to put them on Amazon by spring.

Best,

Cos

From the Indiegogo comments page, the project owner indicated:

Actual finished product will not be available until later this month.

The amazon listing will be available once the crowdfunding campaigns are fulfilled. It was available for a short period of time for testing of the page itself.
Based on how things have progressed, I wouldn't expect to see any public/Amazon sales until 2nd quarter this year.