Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the Texas MYLR are about $500 more expensive today vs 2/28 when I placed my deposit for the Blue Demo on the left.

the grey MYLR were about $45,600 in Feb, right now (Mar 1) they are about $46,000.

Tesla Y LR order .jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Taney71 and vickh
The same car I looked at this morning is now $3000 off, so an additional $500 already.
Are you looking at inventory with higher configuration?

I am good with the basic trim/color for either RWD or LR and today they have around $1000 increases each then dropped the LR to just $500 increases.

Overall, looks like they needed to keep their words by showing some increases on the lowest trim which the spotlights are at. Then keep the higher configurated inventories competitive. Fun times ahead.

Reactions: vickh
We could use some legit competition and price war here in the states, especially in the truck market. A mid range trim 1500 Chevy Silverado is now pushing $60K. All the good battery trucks are ~$80K. The market needs something like a Hyundai Santa Cruz ute, make it a MYLR with a small truck bed and price it in the $50K range.

I hear ya. I wish Ford had Maverick in a PHEV or EV.

• Love
Reactions: ucmndd
When they realize that February push still didn't get them to the #'s they need for Q1 they'll drop prices again n the coming weeks for new inventory.
I think you are right. Should be an interesting Mar
The same car I looked at this morning is now $3000 off, so an additional $500 already.
Same here but they seemed to raise the car price by 500 as well. I'm looking at a red MYLR, black interior (no other upgrades) that is now priced at $47,930 but was at $47,420 just a week ago. Tesla seemed to raise the price by 1000 but then increased the inventory discount from $1,500 to $3000 along with raising the car price by about $500.

OMG. Seeing the same thing. They couldn't even wait a day. Like I said before this is going to be a disaster MY sales for Tesla this year.

They should have updated MY close to M3.

I am afraid, only price cut won't do it. They may need other things. FSD? Supercharging?? Deals..
It isn't a price cut. The cost of the car is more expensive today than it was a week ago. Tesla has just in the matter of a few days adjusted multiple times the price of the MY and also the inventory discount. The end result is that the car is more expensive by about $500 today than a few days ago but I suspect Tesla is hoping people don't notice that and look at the $3K inventory discount as getting a good deal (which you are not).

Reactions: Skavatar
It isn't a price cut. The cost of the car is more expensive today than it was a week ago. Tesla has just in the matter of a few days adjusted multiple times the price of the MY and also the inventory discount. The end result is that the car is more expensive by about $500 today than a few days ago but I suspect Tesla is hoping people don't notice that and look at the $3K inventory discount as getting a good deal (which you are not).
I think they actually wanted people to see they stand by their words for increases but real increases just $500 instead of the "$1000 or more" in just the first day is weaker than I imagined. But this is good news for buyers.

Grey RWD did show around $1500 increases if we compare it to the lowest point in Feb though.

Reactions: Taney71 and acpd
It would be interesting if they ever try to subsidize insurance here in the states as an incentive to close deals.

Based on the China numbers, Tesla is down 16% from January and down 19% YTY. So they can make a $1k price hike all they want to, but we all know pricing will get dropped again as we close the quarter and move throughout the year lol.

Reactions: BroncoAZ and acpd
or it's a dance before dropping ~3/31?
This was my guess too when I saw new inventory prices starting to climb again. No way they've hit their Q1 goal yet and are likely predicting a strong push necessary within the next few weeks to do so. This temporary price increase is likely to be able to market "massive" price cuts in a week or two to drive the EoQ #'s to help them achieve quota. That's what I'm banking on anyway and I've been watching these Tesla prices for a while now and the historical pattern supports this hypothesis.

Extra 5000 SC miles for any trade in?
Below the terms listed on the website:

Up to 10,000 Miles Free Supercharging​

Customers who take delivery of a new Model S, Model X or Model Y by March 31, 2024, are eligible for 5,000 miles of free Supercharging on their new vehicle. Only available for cash or finance purchases.

Customers who trade in a vehicle by March 31, 2024, will receive 5,000 miles of free Supercharging when leasing a new vehicle or a total of 10,000 free Supercharging miles for cash or finance purchases.

Supercharging miles will expire two years after the date of delivery. Tesla does not guarantee availability or delivery by March 31, 2024, and will not grant exceptions. Free Supercharging is tied to your Tesla Account and cannot be transferred to another order, vehicle, or person even in the case of an ownership transfer.

Tesla lease returns do not qualify as a trade-in. Cybertruck, used vehicles and business orders are not eligible for this Supercharging promotion. Promotion is subject to change and can be combined with other promotions. Supercharging miles may be rescinded if the trade-in transaction cannot be completed. Promotion terms apply.

Reactions: vickh
Below the terms listed on the website:

Up to 10,000 Miles Free Supercharging​

Customers who take delivery of a new Model S, Model X or Model Y by March 31, 2024, are eligible for 5,000 miles of free Supercharging on their new vehicle. Only available for cash or finance purchases.

Customers who trade in a vehicle by March 31, 2024, will receive 5,000 miles of free Supercharging when leasing a new vehicle or a total of 10,000 free Supercharging miles for cash or finance purchases.

Supercharging miles will expire two years after the date of delivery. Tesla does not guarantee availability or delivery by March 31, 2024, and will not grant exceptions. Free Supercharging is tied to your Tesla Account and cannot be transferred to another order, vehicle, or person even in the case of an ownership transfer.

Tesla lease returns do not qualify as a trade-in. Cybertruck, used vehicles and business orders are not eligible for this Supercharging promotion. Promotion is subject to change and can be combined with other promotions. Supercharging miles may be rescinded if the trade-in transaction cannot be completed. Promotion terms apply.

cool. Hopefully combine with my Cybertruck+Inventory discount= Good deal.

Can the SC miles be used by multiple cars on account?

They have offered 5000 miles free supercharging + extra 5000 miles for trade in, but then increases prices (by $500) to compensate this. I believe I have seen similar strategy/policy in 2023.
This is something.. giving something worth $200 to $400 only to increase price by $500.

Tesla is hoping to crack unsuspecting buyers who thinks free 5k or 10k miles is a great deal. They are getting close to the game dealerships play.

Nevermind.. still way better than dealership. Never going back to dealership for my next new car purchase..