Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery on MY with a trade in on March 9, 2024 (we also have a 2019 M3). This gave us 10,000 free SC miles. But my app shows that those miles expire in 6 months and the website says the miles are good for 2 years. I can’t find a way to get this changed via my app. Am I missing something?
Seeing that you were an existing Tesla owner at the time of ordering, did you get the free color upgrade?

I believe so. That's the one where people who reserved a CT got 1k off an order of another Tesla car? I think that expired at the end of February but who knows...perhaps Tesla brings it back in a week. Tesla is throwing out a few different incentive programs right now to encourage people to buy.

Yes, I thought it was thru 3/31. I hope it comes back b/c my trade went down $2K :(

Yes, I thought it was thru 3/31. I hope it comes back b/c my trade went down $2K :(
Yeah, it stinks. Tesla's car prices go up and down. In January they were discounting the inventory vehicles by 10% (roughly 5k) but then cut it in half come February. I've been waiting for Tesla to go back to the 10% cut but all they have done so far is throw out various incentives while increasing the car price --- all of which has increased the price of the car.

Reactions: vickh
Yeah, it stinks. Tesla's car prices go up and down. In January they were discounting the inventory vehicles by 10% (roughly 5k) but then cut it in half come February. I've been waiting for Tesla to go back to the 10% cut but all they have done so far is throw out various incentives while increasing the car price

Yeah, except most $5K off were '23

I was looking at being out the door with a shadow gray LR with tow hitch for $39,326 at the end of February, $3K inventory discount and $1K CT reservation then $11K in incentives. Currently it’s $40,336 for the same car with the same incentives. I don’t see value in 5K of free supercharging as I doubt I’ll use it in the first two years. I just got the paperwork for the lease we bought out and a nice offer from Carmax, so it’s almost go time for me on the Tesla. I have another vehicle and could wait as long as needed, but I kind of want to get it settled so I can think about other things. If I wait past the summer I might as well wait for Juniper.

Reactions: vickh and Skavatar
I was looking at being out the door with a shadow gray LR with tow hitch for $39,326 at the end of February, $3K inventory discount and $1K CT reservation then $11K in incentives. Currently it’s $40,336 for the same car with the same incentives. I don’t see value in 5K of free supercharging as I doubt I’ll use it in the first two years. I just got the paperwork for the lease we bought out and a nice offer from Carmax, so it’s almost go time for me on the Tesla. I have another vehicle and could wait as long as needed, but I kind of want to get it settled so I can think about other things. If I wait past the summer I might as well wait for Juniper.
That's the issue...the discounts will get better the longer you wait especially at the transition point (from old MY to Juniper) so do you take the good discounts or wait to pay a much higher price for the new MY. You know what is now a 45k car will see a price spike to 50k at least because of the demand (everyone will rush to get the new MY).

That's the issue...the discounts will get better the longer you wait especially at the transition point (from old MY to Juniper) so do you take the good discounts or wait to pay a much higher price for the new MY. You know what is now a 45k car will see a price spike to 50k at least because of the demand (everyone will rush to get the new MY).
When my new solar system is doing this I want to be driving an EV. Otherwise I’m not under any pressure to buy another vehicle.
IMG_7900.png

Reactions: Jacob Vega
If you are just look for a $1000 discount from current price then you would probably get it by the end of March.

For me who missed the January big discounts (LR around $5000 less than current inventory prices) but have a time constraint to get an EV (local program deadline), I am already considering moving on to other similarly priced vehicles, like Ioniq 5/6. I know dealing with dealership is a pain in the a** but still. The chance to go back to January level is probably slim now with almost half month gone by, but will see.

I think a huge thing Tesla could do to help get people to pull the trigger is to help with financing...just lower the APR to 4 or 5 percent. That would be a huge bit of help for many potential buyers.
Unless you're paying cash.
That's no different than lowering the price.
The primary difference is it alienates anyone not financing whereas a price discount applies to all interested buyers.

Reactions: vickh