Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They went up a few days ago. If this is the end of quarter discount push, it is a really weak one.
It looks to be about running out of inventory in my area. Many now showing around "Coming soon" or "In Transit"

However it does not match the inventory count we see online, which skyrocketed a couple days ago from an already high level. Pretty strange times.

Reactions: PA_EV_New
Seems like prices have gone up $500 today on inventory cars in my area.
I haven’t seen an increase: I check the Pacific Northwest and Florida regions daily for a new LR Y and prices are still $1k more than what they were in February. There are a couple demo vehicles with 500 miles or so on the odometer in Florida for about $750 more than what prices were in February.

I just don’t see how they can get away with any more price increases. The stock is down $100 a share over the last 6 months. Sales data has not been good globally. Don’t see how the sales data could be any better here in the USA. I had my sales rep reach out again yesterday asking if I was interested in pulling the trigger. Told him no, the supercharger miles does not move the needle. Of course he says that the rumor is prices will only increase moving forward, which I know is not true.

The end of Q1 is going to be a tell tell sign for how serious Tesla is in moving inventory. I still have the Cybertruck $1k discount but I don’t see how demand for EVs will get any better this year with the economy.

. I had my sales rep reach out again yesterday asking if I was interested in pulling the trigger. Told him no, the supercharger miles does not move the needle. Of course he says that the rumor is prices will only increase moving forward, which I know is not true.
Ironically I received a text from my sales rep just a couple hours ago and he said

“Some updates came in for current pricing and incentives and I wanted to pass them along.
1.March 31, 2024 is the last day for customers to take delivery of the Model Y at the current pricing. On April 1, 2024 all Model Y trims will increase by $1,000 in United States
2.The order deadline for the Trade-In incentive has changed to March 19, 2024. Customers who would like to take advantage of the Trade-In incentive must place their order by March 19, 2024.
I wanted to pass this along to help you navigate your decision making process.”

I just can’t figure out how the theory is price increase when it seems inventory just keeps going up. Something doesn’t add up.

Ironically I received a text from my sales rep just a couple hours ago and he said

“Some updates came in for current pricing and incentives and I wanted to pass them along.
1.March 31, 2024 is the last day for customers to take delivery of the Model Y at the current pricing. On April 1, 2024 all Model Y trims will increase by $1,000 in United States
2.The order deadline for the Trade-In incentive has changed to March 19, 2024. Customers who would like to take advantage of the Trade-In incentive must place their order by March 19, 2024.

I just can’t figure out how the theory is price increase when it seems inventory just keeps going up. Something doesn’t add up.

Yea that just doesn't add up. I need to pick up a Model Y in Florida and I'll keep waiting. Planning to pull the trigger between Now and March 31st, expecting the price to go back down to atleast Feb levels for end of month (ie: $1000 down)

1710558552931.png

Yes, the same words now show on their inventory page.

Yea that just doesn't add up. I need to pick up a Model Y in Florida and I'll keep waiting. Planning to pull the trigger between Now and March 31st, expecting the price to go back down to atleast Feb levels for end of month (ie: $1000 down)
As they now announce the April 1 increases, I don't think the general price level will drop anymore, Maybe a good deal here and there, but not generally, it would just contradict their current strategy (imposing fear).

If you are like me who needs to buy a car by March, let's look around other brands then decide.

Reactions: vickh and PA_EV_New
As they now announce the April 1 increases, I don't think the general price level will drop anymore, Maybe a good deal here and there, but not generally, it would just contradict their current strategy (imposing fear).

If you are like me who needs to buy a car by March, let's look around other brands then decide.

I spent a few hours the other weekend researching the other EV options. Nobody else appears to offer the range and features at a similar price point to the MYLR and qualifies for the $7500 federal credit. Might as well go get the Y now.

I’m dumbfounded by the 4/1 price increase and nothing substantial yet for end of Q1. I’d currently be paying $500 more than I would’ve paid in February for the same car. I wouldn’t expect many incentives after Q1 ends. April will be a new quarter and typically a strong vehicle sales quarter for the entire car market due to tax refunds and upcoming summer travel.

Reactions: PA_EV_New and vickh
I spent a few hours the other weekend researching the other EV options. Nobody else appears to offer the range and features at a similar price point to the MYLR and qualifies for the $7500 federal credit. Might as well go get the Y now.

I’m dumbfounded by the 4/1 price increase and nothing substantial yet for end of Q1. I’d currently be paying $500 more than I would’ve paid in February for the same car. I wouldn’t expect many incentives after Q1 ends. April will be a new quarter and typically a strong vehicle sales quarter for the entire car market due to tax refunds and upcoming summer travel.

Tax refunds affect typical buyers but not TESLA buyers IMO. Tech sector/ layoffs are a bigger factor for that market

Tax refunds affect typical buyers but not TESLA buyers IMO. Tech sector/ layoffs are a bigger factor for that market
When the price with incentives is similar to most mainstream SUV’s and it was the best selling SUV in the world last year I’d speculate that typical buyers are Tesla buyers. The POS tax credit increases the reach of many typical buyers into the Tesla brand.