Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How was the price? my area is back to 6-7% so kind of a bummer.
Sorry. it was 47,420 (discount from 50,990). I only took it since I'm also getting the color upgrade discount as a current Tesla owner so price will be 45,420 and that's a 11% discount. Once I included the tax incentive (7,500) we are in the 38k range which is a great price for a MYLR IMHO.

Been wanting a MY since the car was announced and after my experience with the ID4 I'm happy to get one.

I don’t understand why these companies use these dumb pricing algorithms or some dumb software that constantly moves the price up and down. Hertz is doing this too. Why do this? It makes no sense.
And the color upgrade isn’t free. If they wanted to be straightforward they would offer the same price for a model y all over Ohio. Instead Cleveland has 2 identical model y stealh grey for 2k difference in price. So for example as pictured I’d be paying 43,900 after color discount when if all colors were free I’d be able to get a black y performance for 41,320 after tax credit.

Attachments

• IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4856.jpeg
    IMG_4856.jpeg
    473.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4857.jpeg
    IMG_4857.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4858.jpeg
    IMG_4858.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 11
I don’t understand why these companies use these dumb pricing algorithms or some dumb software that constantly moves the price up and down. Hertz is doing this too. Why do this? It makes no sense.
And the color upgrade isn’t free. If they wanted to be straightforward they would offer the same price for a model y all over Ohio. Instead Cleveland has 2 identical model y stealh grey for 2k difference in price. So for example as pictured I’d be paying 43,900 after color discount when if all colors were free I’d be able to get a black y performance for 41,320 after tax credit.
Yeah, I agree with you. The price differences on the same configured car is likely the result of one of the cars sitting around longer.

It makes perfect sense if you understand FOMO psychology.

If Tesla drops every single car to the same standard discount in every region, and there are literally hundreds of them available, that’s just the going price and there’s no sense of urgency. That’s the opposite of what they want.

And the color upgrade isn’t free.
It’s added as an additional discount (for current owners) on the purchase agreement after you submit the order.

If they wanted to be straightforward
They definitely don’t. Act now, supplies are limited!

• Funny
Reactions: vickh
Yeah, I agree with you. The price differences on the same configured car is likely the result of one of the cars sitting around longer.
It’s not got anything to do with time on the lot. They just want one or two cars in every config available in every region at some level of predetermined discount. When someone buys the one at the lowest price, another one takes its place in a few hours.

For those not seeing the max discounts they’re looking for in their region, check back first thing in the morning.
I believe so too, no way they are doing this for just a day. It isn't like they only have 10 cars in their lots.

They would do it every day, the pressure kicks in for the "missed out" buyers for the rest of the day and force them to take the less discounted inventory.

Very true. I, however, based on his opinion and he has been good so far am going to pull the trigger now because I need to take delivery by March 31st for the free color offer + cybertruck offer, financing, and having a delivery date scheduled, there is only so much more we can wait.

Realisitcally how much longer can we even wait before we would be passing March 31st for the delivery date with everything else that needs to happen prior to delivery being scheduled?

Delivery VIN once you order is SUPER quick, like a couple of days, depending on customization and area. I wanted to keep my order pending so I can pick up an inventory order

It makes perfect sense if you understand FOMO psychology.

If Tesla drops every single car to the same standard discount in every region, and there are literally hundreds of them available, that’s just the going price and there’s no sense of urgency. That’s the opposite of what they want.

It’s added as an additional discount (for current owners) on the purchase agreement after you submit the order.

They definitely don’t. Act now, supplies are limited!
Here is clarification on what I meant - if I see a performance in stealth grey for 41,350, I would expect to pay 43,350 for the black one, because after the 2k credit after checkout I t would be even in price with the no charge paint. Not holding my breath in that though!

Here is clarification on what I meant - if I see a performance in stealth grey for 41,350, I would expect to pay 43,350 for the black one, because after the 2k credit after checkout I t would be even in price with the no charge paint. Not holding my breath in that though!
Minor point of clarification - paint colors on 3/Y are $1,000 with the exception of red, ya?