Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order confirmed-can I make any changes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my 85 without the dual chargers and now have decided I want them. Delivery date is Sept 27th. Any input on if there is any way to add the chargers at this point. How long does it take to actually manfacture the car from start to finish? The sales guy says cannot change but maybe I need to go higher up on the food chain.
One other item I wonder about is I never was given an option to click on a confirm button or docu-sign and I have not received any paperwork in the mail yet my dashboard says parts sourcing and there is a vin
Thanks
Larry

Last edited:
Ordered my 85 without the dual chargers and now have decided I want them. Delivery date is Sept 27th. Any input on if there is any way to add the chargers at this point. How long does it take to actually manfacture the car from start to finish? The sales guy says cannot change but maybe I need to go higher up on the food chain.
One other item I wonder about is I never was given an option to click on a confirm button or docu-sign and I have not received any paperwork in the mail yet my dashboard says parts sourcing and there is a vin
Thanks
Larry

If it's gone into production, then no you cannot change.

They might be able to add the second charger at the service center but they would likely charge you the $3,500 for the install instead of the production price. Trying calling ownership (you said you called your sales person so maybe you already talked with them).

Thats what I thought. Oh well, hopefully I wont regret not having the dual chargers. No one to blame but myself. If its really a problem Ill have to add it later, at least I have that option.

They are nice to have but not absolutely necessary. Worth calling to see what they can do but you'll be fine without it. Good luck. They might ask you to get the HPWC as well but you can sell it or they will take it back as a return.

Thats what I thought. Oh well, hopefully I wont regret not having the dual chargers. No one to blame but myself. If its really a problem Ill have to add it later, at least I have that option.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. If it were something like no roof--that would be bigger issue.

If it helps, I didn't get them either :biggrin:

My DS stepped up to (and over the) plate to assist me when I messed up my order.
I think that with TM being a new (and rapidly growing) company and the unusual aspect of self-placing of orders, they have learned how to effectively deal with most customer requests and late requests.

Best of luck during the waiting period...(lol)