Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Fee Refunded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is very random, but I received a refund of (what I presume is) my $100 order fee. I didn't ask for a refund; in fact, I took delivery of my MY weeks ago.

The only thing I can think of is two days before the refund I had a really bad experience at the Service Center (Long story short - issue the car was brought in for wasn't fixed, service center kept the car all day and called as they were closing to tell me the car was ready for pickup - only for me to discover when I got there that nothing had been done with no explanation). But I've never heard of Tesla giving a refund over what I understand is (unfortunately) pretty common abysmal service. Can anyone think of any other reason Tesla would randomly put $100 on my card?

Should I be reaching out to someone in case this was an error and they're going to cut off supercharging or something, or just count my blessings? The card refunded is the one I used to place the deposit, but not a card otherwise associated with Tesla (i.e. the card on my account for supercharging is a different one - the only time Tesla ever saw this card number was for the MY order).

Did you change your order, or make another and cancel the old one?

I had two orders. The one I cancelled was supposed to roll over as a credit to my new one but didn't in time for my delivery and signing of the loan docs. I received it as a credit on my Amex a few days after delivery.

So this is very random, but I received a refund of (what I presume is) my $100 order fee. I didn't ask for a refund; in fact, I took delivery of my MY weeks ago.

The only thing I can think of is two days before the refund I had a really bad experience at the Service Center (Long story short - issue the car was brought in for wasn't fixed, service center kept the car all day and called as they were closing to tell me the car was ready for pickup - only for me to discover when I got there that nothing had been done with no explanation). But I've never heard of Tesla giving a refund over what I understand is (unfortunately) pretty common abysmal service. Can anyone think of any other reason Tesla would randomly put $100 on my card?

Should I be reaching out to someone in case this was an error and they're going to cut off supercharging or something, or just count my blessings? The card refunded is the one I used to place the deposit, but not a card otherwise associated with Tesla (i.e. the card on my account for supercharging is a different one - the only time Tesla ever saw this card number was for the MY order).

Read your order agreement and purchase agreement. Depending on when and where you ordered the $100 may or may not be applied to the cost of the car (deposit vs fee). That will be in the order agreement.

The purchase agreement will show if they applied it to the cost of the car. For example, if you paid $100 that can be applied to the purchase but not included in your MVPA they would refund it to you.