Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyer Beware! Tesla Ups Price on order by $1790.00 and And Does not Refund Order fee of $250.00!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Tesla Model Y on 1/18/2023, 3 days later they raised the price by $1790.00 and will not refund the $250.00 order fee. Both orders posted here for proof (when they update the order they do not update the date.. This company truly sucks. I will most likely stick with ICE until the solid state batteries come out. I have had an S, 3, X but I guess that's where it ends.

Tesla 1.jpg
Tesla 2.jpg

Just a funny observation, if i had bought this Y, my Tesla history would have been S3XY. :D Tesla killed S3XY. Truly they are idiotic order process wise, they would rather collect $250.00 fees then sell me 2 cars. We were going to order a Highland too, but come on, get your sh** together Tesla.

Reactions: Skavatar
What did they say when they tried to contact you. It feels like there’s more to this story…
I am not sure what else to add, they also send me a Tesla Order at full price at about 4 PM on 1/21 and then they called me within 2 hours to tell me the price for the same VIN would be higher. I will post this order too.
Oddly you omitted This little fact in your original post. So they did honor your price but you ignored completing the purchase and it was canceled.

No they offered the same VIN at $1790.00 more. See pics of orders.

I am not sure what else to add, they also send me a Tesla Order at full price at about 4 PM on 1/21 and then they called me within 2 hours to tell me the price for the same VIN would be higher. I will post this order too.

No they offered the same VIN at $1790.00 more. See pics of orders.
Yet you didn’t complete the order process so the original order and price agreement was canceled. So that is the new price for a new order.

Tesla obviously made a pricing error and then asked their underlings to contact clients and whoever did not respond instantly cancel their orders asap. They want to amortize their error over one client, rather than absorb it and keep the relationship. Like I said the car is available right now for $1790.00 more, plus the rip off order fee.

Totally transactional!