Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buyer Beware! Tesla Ups Price on order by $1790.00 and And Does not Refund Order fee of $250.00!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say that Tesla needs to have a sales process that is compatible with non fanbois.
AKA “I want things my way, I am always right, anyone who thinks otherwise is a <insert beta male slur here>. Also I have a lake house and skis so I’m clearly an expert and will buy a Mercedes to avoid depreciation.” 😂

Tesla sold 1.8 million cars last year, including the #1 selling automobile of any kind on the planet. The sales process seems to be just fine for people that understand how to follow simple directions and respond to tasks they’ve been asked to perform in a timely manner. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wonder why that was so difficult for you?

AKA “I want things my way, I am always right, anyone who thinks otherwise is a <insert beta male slur here>. Also I have a lake house and skis so I’m clearly an expert and will buy a Mercedes to avoid depreciation.” 😂

Tesla sold 1.8 million cars last year, including the #1 selling automobile of any kind on the planet. The sales process seems to be just fine for people that understand how to follow simple directions and respond to tasks they’ve been asked to perform in a timely manner. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Wonder why that was so difficult for you?

Like i said, Tesla needs a process compatible with non fanbois. The depreciation on EV's exceeds ICE vehicles.

3000+ views! Keep feeding the fanbois red meat and we can get to 100,000!
I see we're no longer looking for advice or solutions, just sticking around as an attention seeking troll. Mods really need to shut this one down. We tried @Surfer , we really did, but you don't seem to be interested in any progress to a solution. You just want someone to complain with you. Have a good day and I sincerely hope you figure something out with your predicament.

Do let us know if you get a response from your escalation.

I see we're no longer looking for advice or solutions, just sticking around as an attention seeking troll. Mods really need to shut this one down. We tried @Surfer , we really did, but you don't seem to be interested in any progress to a solution. You just want someone to complain with you. Have a good day and I sincerely hope you figure something out with your predicament.

Do let us know if you get a response from your escalation.
There has been no response from my escalation to Tesla corporate. There has been a local management response prior to that promised corporate response and the only thing they would do is transfer the order fee to another vehicle, but they would make me take the loss on the discount THEY CHANGED. Arguably their local response provided nothing new. Corporate did not get back to me and did NOT provide me with promised email containing contact information. I emailed Troy Jones at Tesla to get Tesla corporate involved.

I think they have gone dark.....I am going to look at GLB today. I am looking for a solution, I am looking for my original order to be honored at a minimum.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
@Surfer looking at your previous posts on this board, and considering the amount of trouble you have had through the years with purchasing / taking delivery, I'm truly astonished you keep trying.
Do drop back in and let us know how wonderfully you were treated by MB. Just remember... no matter how good the salesman makes you feel, the dealership got the better of you. But, I guess that's always the case. :cool:

Like i said, Tesla needs a process compatible with non fanbois. The depreciation on EV's exceeds ICE vehicles.
Some of the reporting on Tesla as a stock investment have been saying that Tesla won't be able to lower prices this year like they did in the past. Plus Elon has warned investors not to expect a high growth rate this year.

A lot of new EVs getting rolled out. Good time to be shopping for EVs. Also lots of PHEV and hybrids out there.

Hi Yelobird,
I see nothing in the order agreement saying that if I do not respond everytime they text me, they keep my $250.00 or raise the price by $1790.00
No you are clearly in the wrong, Tesla prices inventory like the stock market, you shoulda signed off on the order, just cuz they offered you the same VIN means nothing, the bid/ask spread went up, maybe you learned a lesson 😂

Reactions: fsb1
Dude stop complaining the math is simple, you didn’t complete the order steps and sign in time so they cancelled- you got them to reinstate the order, but prices changed, guess what this has happened to others including myself, they reduced the discount, so you are paying more or passing, chase refunded a deposit I had that I disputed, but it was my fault, just like this is your fault and you’re looking for sympathy from forum members, this is life, take your L and move on dude

Same order number but higher price.

Money is more important to Tesla than customer. But we all knew this. Part of the deal buying a Tesla unfortunately.
The order number stays the same even if they assign a different vin. The $250 is assigned an order number so unless you put another $250 down, the order number stays the same. As other have pointed out, once Tesla unassociated a specific vin, it goes to a custom order of the same specs at full price. Once he asked for the same vin, they re attached it to the order and it pulls whatever price is in the system. There isn’t a person sitting there going “let’s F with this guy and charge him more!” As it is an inventory car the value fluctuates. When they have 100 the discount will be higher but as those sell, they adjust the discount down. Supply demand.

It is ok to be frustrated by not understanding the system but you need to accept that there is a system and not get mad when it doesn’t work out your way. Same goes with the order process. With it being an inventory car, you don’t get to wait around for it to be built and take your time with documents. 72 hours commences when you click order, not when you get the message that your car is built and ready for delivery. I once had my wife scanning my license and insurance in the backseat while I was test driving a M3 so I could reserve an inventory M3. Tesla guy next to me was like, we just sent that car over this morning and it’ll be gone in an hour.