Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order hold automatically removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I have been in this thread to see what others experience has been regarding the time frame between the hold being removed and the VIN being assign, coincidentally enough I just logged in to my account (I received no email or notification) that the HOLD has been removed and provided with an estimated window.

Prior to ordering: Requested 6 months hold from date of ordering. Confirmed that they could do this prior to ordering, and they noted the account as soon as I provided the RN (5 mins later). I would not be returning from deployment until the first week of March.
OD: 9/8/21
Reg Steps Complete: 9/24/21
Est Delivery Window: 2/14/22 - 3/14/22
Updated Delivery Windows on 12/1/21: 12/15/21 - 12/31/21
Informed SA on 12/1/21 that I requested a 6 month delay the moment I ordered the car and that I would not be in the states to receive it until March 22. She placed a HOLD until 2/1/22.
HOLD Automatically Removed: 1/12/22
NEW Est Delivery Window: 2/11/22 - 3/11/22 (I can accept anything after 3/5/22)
*Fingers crossed this works out*

Order:
MY LR 5 / MSM / BLACK / 20" / FSD / NO TOW

Last edited:
Reactions: leaftoy
Most people I know use it for bike racks. If you're an avid cyclist or mountain biker, having a tow hitch mounted bike rack is a lot better than a roof or trunk rack.
Ooooh ok, good to know. Guess it would be nice to have! Will add one when I build my next Tesla a few years down the line! Too bad I can't add one on since my car doesn't even have a vin yet... without resetting my price and likely my EDD date! 😒

Ooooh ok, good to know. Guess it would be nice to have! Will add one when I build my next Tesla a few years down the line! Too bad I can't add one on since my car doesn't even have a vin yet... without resetting my price and likely my EDD date! 😒
No need to worry, you can add the package on after you take delivery of the car, Model Y Tow Package. Also there are third party tow hitches you can install.

Reactions: eeee-meeee
With 4680 batteries coming out of Austin from the start of production, I wonder if it makes sense to try and hold again.

Anyone in here attempting to put their order back on hold? I wonder if Tesla has loosened up since there are less holds to deal with now that we are on the other side of a January.