Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order of configuration will be...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway, going back to the actual thread topic, CA existing owner reservationists are certainly at the front of the queue as was to be expected. I would hope that non-owners who waited in line pre-reveal would get priority over owners who reserved after the reveal, but this is probably just wishful (and selfish :) ) thinking on my part.

Perhaps after they’re through with the owner orders they’ll just open it up to all other US reservations regardless of location. We saw employee deliveries outside of CA relatively soon after they started, so maybe we’ll see some non-owner outside of CA invites in a month or so.

Got to be first!!!!! Got to be first!!!!! Got to be first!!!! WTF! My God people...what darn difference does it make if you get yours in Virginia before I get mine in Phoenix??? I don't know all the circumstances that Tesla has to weigh in the distribution of their cars and neither do any of you. So like someone else said..."Take a deep breath and chill out." It'll happen when it happens!
The answer to your question is: $7,500, if the house budget passes.

Reactions: Jason S and Pkmmte
Clearly, the meaning of toggle-able configurable option has eluded you.

No postage, no fulfillment costs, no cheap trinkets which are no longer cheap x115,000.

There’s also clearly no distinction between line waiters and those who signed up a week or two later. We know this from the email distribution so far.

They said one thing, and did another.

It’s okay. It’s hardly the first time. Short memories and revisionism will make it all go away.

They never ever ever said there would be a difference in configuration. Just because you expected it doesn’t make it true. I always thought those who believed that the “something special” would be on the car where mistaken, and it appears I was correct. They could still give you a cheap trinket, which could be what they always intended and what they meant all along. So you cannot say they said one thing and did another.

Okay, I'll go there.

If you're going to use an analogy to defend expecting something from Tesla, then the analogy is 'some money'. However, if you were just posting with no point, then you're right.
What. Why are you making this so complicated? I'm going by exactly what Elon said. Nothing more nothing less.

Elon promised it....I believed it. That's was it.

NOW due to nothing happening.

I questioned it.....I doubt it...... That is it.

simple

I got the config invite Wednesday - opened it today and it's telling me delivery in 4 weeks. I have 2 reservations but only got invited to config one of them - which seems perfectly fair to me. I may delay though - I'm in love with air suspension on my S, would prefer the white interior on my next Tesla and I also love the HEPA filter with biohazard. I was a line waiter on the 31st, swiped my cc around noon in Pasadena.
Yep - West to East coast. ( line waiter? 1st day reservationist? )

I've never understood why Elon / Tesla suggested that current owners would get priority. That's strange to me. The Well-to-do go first?

So Callisnow:

What is your speculation as to why you received an opportunity to reserve?

West Coast?
Previous Owner?

He we go again. I recall a comment that software should be given free to give to those line waiters because all they have to do is push a switch. We have gone over that at great length.

I've never understood why Elon / Tesla suggested that current owners would get priority. That's strange to me. The Well-to-do go first?

Thanks for supporting this company with all the people that wanted us not to succeed. Well those early adopters helped keep the M3 possible. Doesn't sound too strange to me.

Do we really have to go down the who's got more stuff than someone else line on Thanksgiving? Because someone has more than someone else those contributions are less worthy than someone that has less.

Reactions: bonnie
He we go again. I recall a comment that software should be given free to give to those line waiters because all they have to do is push a switch. We have gone over that at great length.

Thanks for supporting this company with all the people that wanted us not to succeed. Well those early adopters helped keep the M3 possible. Doesn't sound too strange to me.

Do we really have to go down the who's got more stuff than someone else line on Thanksgiving? Because someone has more than someone else those contributions are less worthy than someone that has less.

Where in the world are you getting all of this? I asked one simple question. There is no here we go again unless you have seen this question before. I haven't. You don't have to read it or respond if its causing you problems.

It is indeed true that Tesla's previous cars are expensive. I was simply wondering why those who are not as well-to-do don't get an opportunity first. Tesla....why not give some cars away on Thanksgiving if that's where this conversation is going. It had nothing to do with thanksgiving on my end.

You know what?

Forget I asked the question. Geesh.

Giving away software costs nothing more than the time to duplicate it. Especially to people who wouldn't have bought it anyway.
Where in the world are you getting all of this? I asked one simple question. There is no here we go again unless you have seen this question before. I haven't.

Just coming from your previous posts. It's the same thing. I want my free whatever.

Reactions: Pkmmte
What color did you order? :p
It will be finalized today. I'm giving (well not exactly gifting) this car to my sister. She's debating right now between red & silver. I'm guessing we're going with silver. The second reservation is going to my daughter & she needs AWD. We got off the phone this morning & she's set on silver, when the time comes to order.

It's possible that I received an early invite because I have my sister as my secondary contact on my Tesla account. She lives in the South Bay area, south of LA.

Reactions: AlanSqB
Well those early adopters helped keep the M3 possible. Doesn't sound too strange to me.

Agree.

I appreciate that Elon & Tesla recognize they didn't get to this point without the customers who put down deposits on faith, with every vehicle to date. The very first Roadster owners were the most amazing (and I do not fall into that group) - Tesla had never produced a car, there was no supercharger network, and they paid up front for what might very well have turned into vaporware. Those owners, along with subsequent Roadster owners (and I do fall into that group) built the Tesla Highway along the west coast, used by Roadster owners and Tesla employees alike. That proved the long distance capability & probably helped spark the realization/creation of the supercharger network.

Signature owners of the S and then the X also put down a hefty sum ($40K) well in advance of taking delivery. They also deserve thanks.

I'd love for everyone to get the tax credit. But the first cars, after employees, are a great thank you. (Plus, any problems, as a group we are more likely to be understanding & know how to get things righted. :))

Great question:

Tesla Employees?
West coast?
Line Waiters?
Current owners?
Day 1 reservationists?
Live around Fremont?
Live in California?

They were all promised or said to deserve first choice.

Either way no one can do anything about whatever Tesla does.

This needs its own thread - where every user that receives an invitation to configure provides this information so we can figure out when we can reasonable expect to get our invitations