Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order of configuration will be...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is TMC, if Garlan promised to send you $10 via PM as a token of his appreciation, you should expect it yesterday, and after 3 threads and a combined 48 pages, the $10 token of his appreciation transformed into a $5,000 free EAP/FSD upgrade for all your cars and a complimentary airplane as an apology for being late, definitely an airplane.

You mean the wind powered electric plane right?

• Funny
Reactions: Max*
Attempts to obfuscate, revise, or diminish facts are unhelpful at best.

Line waiters were in fact promised “something special” over and above the print that some reservation holders received in 2016.

I didn’t ask for “something special”, but when a billionaire says there will be “something special” for line waiters, I’d like to know what it is before placing my order.

And that’s why I deferred my configuration yesterday after receiving the email.

Accountability is a beyotch, huh.

• Disagree
Reactions: 03DSG and mmd
Attempts to obfuscate, revise, or diminish facts are unhelpful at best.

Line waiters were in fact promised “something special” over and above the print that some reservation holders received in 2016.

I didn’t ask for “something special”, but when a billionaire says there will be “something special” for line waiters, I’d like to know what it is before placing my order.

And that’s why I deferred my configuration yesterday after receiving the email.

Accountability is a beyotch, huh.
You deferred ordering your, at least, $35,000 car that you placed a $1,000 deposit for over a year and half ago, because you have not received what will probably be a $5, mass produced, gimmicky, toy? :eek:

You deferred ordering your, at least, $35,000 car that you placed a $1,000 deposit for over a year and half ago, because you have not received what will probably be a $5, mass produced, gimmicky, toy? :eek:

Fact is we have *no idea* what Elon was thinking, or what he may yet do. All we have is what he clearly tweeted. That said, I highly doubt he was thinking about a "$5, ,mass produced, blah blah blah.". Not that that even makes sense given that there were 115,000 line waiters that day. A toggle-able configuration option makes a lot more sense, imo. Lower cost, at least.

See reference to attempts to diminish, above.

Thanks for proving my point, though. Again.

Fact is we have *no idea* what Elon was thinking, or what he may yet do. All we have is what he clearly tweeted. That said, I highly doubt he was thinking about a "$5, ,mass produced, blah blah blah.". Not that that even makes sense given that there were 115,000 line waiters that day. A toggle-able configuration option makes a lot more sense, imo. Lower cost, at least.

We already got our "something special", though...

Attachments

• model3-concept-sketch-token-cropped.jpg
    model3-concept-sketch-token-cropped.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 66
No, no they weren't. They were old told that they would get some sort of priority and, so far, they have.

Live in California? Again, it seems that, yes, that is how people are being asked to configure right now. Will it last? Probably not, sooner or later they need to expand the delivery area or they'll swamp the stores near the factory and on the West coast.

I was asked to configure yesterday. I live in the Columbia River Gorge. The address on my Tesla account is not California, my service center is Portland, OR.

Are you afraid of missing out if you order now ?

But you'd send that $10 on your schedule, not mine.

And if you'd said you want to give me "some money", it would be ridiculous of me to start to decide what that amount of money should be. I'd probably just think 'nice thought' and be pleasantly surprised if/when something showed up.
What in the world are you talking about.

If I promised you "some money" then you can speculate. But if I promised you $10.....you should expect $10. Not $0

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
What in the world are you talking about.

If I promised you "some money" then you can speculate. But if I promised you $10.....you should expect $10. Not $0
Okay, I'll go there.

If you're going to use an analogy to defend expecting something from Tesla, then the analogy is 'some money'. However, if you were just posting with no point, then you're right.

Why do you highly doubt that? I’ve always assumed it will be some sort of limited value gift, with 115,000 line waiters that’s all that makes sense (what do you think mass produced means, anyway). To expect anything else is foolish.

Why do you highly doubt that? I’ve always assumed it will be some sort of limited value gift, with 115,000 line waiters that’s all that makes sense (what do you think mass produced means, anyway). To expect anything else is foolish.

Clearly, the meaning of toggle-able configurable option has eluded you.

No postage, no fulfillment costs, no cheap trinkets which are no longer cheap x115,000.

There’s also clearly no distinction between line waiters and those who signed up a week or two later. We know this from the email distribution so far.

They said one thing, and did another.

It’s okay. It’s hardly the first time. Short memories and revisionism will make it all go away.

• Disagree
Reactions: 03DSG and kingjamez
When we ordered the MX 2 weeks ago, our owner advisor told us that if we order a Model 3, we will get ahead of everyone in the line (except for Tesla worker and Tesla owners who already ordered the Model 3. He also said that West Coast will get them first and CA will get the most of them initially.

I was coming here to find out the exact order because it was very confusing. Seems like there are multiple priority queue and nobody knows which queue trumps the other queues.

I got the config invite Wednesday - opened it today and it's telling me delivery in 4 weeks. I have 2 reservations but only got invited to config one of them - which seems perfectly fair to me. I may delay though - I'm in love with air suspension on my S, would prefer the white interior on my next Tesla and I also love the HEPA filter with biohazard. I was a line waiter on the 31st, swiped my cc around noon in Pasadena.

If we are interpreting Elon’s tweet correctly then I assume that the “something special” only applies to those who physically waited in line and not online reservationists. There is no way there were 115,000 people that waited in line at Tesla stores to put in their reservation pre-reveal.

I certainly am not expecting anymore than the print I already received last year. I’m happy enough with my “something special” being me getting a Model 3 before most other people in my area.

However if we are indeed going to receive something it’s worth noting that a few of the earliest Model 3 deliveries came with two UMCs, so this is certainly a possibility for regular customers.