Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD is from June. I delayed delivery twice, in October and November. I got the cancellation email with the 12/6 deadline. On 12/5, I took it off hold and I got a 12/17 - 12/31 EDD. A week later, it changed to 12/21 -12/31. This morning it changed to 12/31 - 1/28.

I wonder what will happen if this pushes into 2022. I’ll keep you all posted.

Reactions: mwdietertg
My OD is from June. I delayed delivery twice, in October and November. I got the cancellation email with the 12/6 deadline. On 12/5, I took it off hold and I got a 12/17 - 12/31 EDD. A week later, it changed to 12/21 -12/31. This morning it changed to 12/31 - 1/28.

I wonder what will happen if this pushes into 2022. I’ll keep you all posted.
Whats your config ?

Congratulations... what was your EDD before you got your VIN?

My EDD was 12/31 - 1/28 , this morning it changed to 12/28 - 12/31. No VIN yet
If your that close to the new year then for sure push it to 1/1/22 or later for sure in case BBB gets passed sometime in 2022 with hopes that the tax credit is I still in the bill and it’s retroactive.

Congratulations... what was your EDD before you got your VIN?

My EDD was 12/31 - 1/28 , this morning it changed to 12/28 - 12/31. No VIN yet
My EDD was exactly the same as yours, 12/31 to 1/28. I got the text this morning to schedule the delivery appointment 12/26 to 12/28. I set it for Sunday, 12/26. I really wanted to delay to January for a shot at BBB but my cost is already $6.5k below the current cost.

My EDD was exactly the same as yours, 12/31 to 1/28. I got the text this morning to schedule the delivery appointment 12/26 to 12/28. I set it for Sunday, 12/26. I really wanted to delay to January for a shot at BBB but my cost is already $6.5k below the current cost.
same situation here, ordered 6 months ago and delivery date is Dec 26.

I think Tesla is doing this for purpose, they know if we try to delay 5 more days into 2022 they will cancel our order and sell our cars anyway to someone else

Reactions: doozenberg
same situation here, ordered 6 months ago and delivery date is Dec 26.

I think Tesla is doing this for purpose, they know if we try to delay 5 more days into 2022 they will cancel our order and sell our cars anyway to someone else
On purpose, Or. you ordered a car, they built it and it’s ready. Seems pretty sensible. Lol

Why? You don`t want me to save $8k ? Why? Why you care?
Shareholder? They will just assign my VIN to someone else in my city that does not care about $8k.
So why this hurts you so much? Is it personal? I don`t even know you
You not taking the car when it’s ready, before end of quarter affects quarterly results.

Now you, as one person. No big thing…you multiply that by 100,000 people thinking they’re smarter than the average cookie and you start to have some effect on the chain…because it isn’t just you or those 99,999 others that delayed because they thought they were getting some reward for doing so.

Now Tesla has to rearrange and keep going down the list to see who will take the car they have available to sell now.

It’s a knock on effect..

Reactions: Yelobird
Why? You don`t want me to save $8k ? Why? Why you care?
Shareholder? They will just assign my VIN to someone else in my city that does not care about $8k.
So why this hurts you so much? Is it personal? I don`t even know you
I don’t know if it makes a ton of difference, but as an impartial observer:

It is entirely possible Senate could come back in session and they pass the incentives to move the date to March 1st and it’s not retroactive. Then suddenly the same people who have pushed their orders back to January 1st are scrambling to push their order dates back to March 1st.

Tesla doesn’t have room or staffing to deal with 1000s of people delaying their car delivery. Their order system was designed to deal with people who *actually want their cars*. Tesla’s system is simple and designed to handle a simple order flow. They don’t have a way to manage customers swapping places in the queue or poll people further in the queue to see who is willing to accept a car and lose the chance at an incentive.

The most fair way to queue up cars is in the order they were purchased. This means the people with the most recent orders who paid the most have the best chance to get the car with the best features and the largest chance at any potential incentives.

I hope you get your car when you want and you collect the incentive if it happens. But I think Tesla’s policy here is about as reasonable as you can get.

A few people I know who had put their orders on hold had nothing to do with the tax credit. They put their orders on hold for the 4680 batteries thinking it will be earth shattering.
Let's be real for a moment. Tesla order hold have been around for years and it's never been an issue until Tesla raised the vehicle prices and they tend to lose some serious profit. Tesla will probably start making order holds expire after 3 or 6 months to keep people from gaming the system. I saw a few people had orders on hold from 2019 which seems outrageous but very generous that Tesla allowed that.

Reactions: Yelobird and tm1v2
A few people I know who had put their orders on hold had nothing to do with the tax credit. They put their orders on hold for the 4680 batteries thinking it will be earth shattering.
Let's be real for a moment. Tesla order hold have been around for years and it's never been an issue until Tesla raised the vehicle prices and they tend to lose some serious profit. Tesla will probably start making order holds expire after 3 or 6 months to keep people from gaming the system. I saw a few people had orders on hold from 2019 which seems outrageous but very generous that Tesla allowed that.
I’m one of those 2019 orders and even after I said I would accept the car, I haven’t heard a peep from them and I’m still showing 12-16 weeks for delivery.

I’d rather have the 4680.

Just a question...

My current EDD is 12/28 - 12/31 , no VIN yet. I'm trying to push my delivery to 2022.

When you receive your VIN, I know you have 3 days to accept it, right???

So I can wait until the 3rd day to accept it, after that, how many days they give you to take delivery???

Again I'm trying to take delivery after Jan 1st 2022..

So I can wait until the 3rd day to accept it, after that, how many days they give you to take delivery???
No. They give you a VIN and a three day window in which to schedule delivery. I think they give you 24 hours to schedule the delivery before they remove the VIN and put your order on hold. I don't know when they cancel it but they say they will cancel the order if it is put on hold...

No. They give you a VIN and a three day window in which to schedule delivery. I think they give you 24 hours to schedule the delivery before they remove the VIN and put your order on hold. I don't know when they cancel it but they say they will cancel the order if it is put on hold...
Ohhhh... thank you for the clarification... I was confused...

So if I get the VIN in the next few days,, What can I do to delay the delivery to after Jan 1st ?