Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order on hold until March, email today order will be cancelled?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has this happened to any of you? I placed my order on hold and have a March 1, 2022 delivery date in the app. I received an email that my order will be cancelled if I don't take delivery. I called Tesla and they told me they are only holding orders for 90 days. The app has it for March 1st. Tesla can just tell me I have to take delivery in December? With the EV credit so close, I don't want to take delivery now.

Anyone else get this email?

Reactions: Adam K
Has this happened to any of you? I placed my order on hold and have a March 1, 2022 delivery date in the app. I received an email that my order will be cancelled if I don't take delivery. I called Tesla and they told me they are only holding orders for 90 days. The app has it for March 1st. Tesla can just tell me I have to take delivery in December? With the EV credit so close, I don't want to take delivery now.

I kind of figured this was inevitable.

You have a 45 days worth of people who want to both keep their lower purchase price and delay their orders until the incentives kick in. This is going to play havoc with their inventory system.

I received the email today and replied asking to keep the order in place. Let’s keep each other posted on their response. I am hoping I can keep my hold date of 1/1/2021.

I heard back from two different reps. One said they would put it on hold. The other said they would release the hold, as I requested (I absolutely didn't request this). They released the hold on the app, and I now have a delivery date listed as Feb 18-Mar 18th, which would be fine. But, I'm under the impression that they could match me with a car in December, which I don't want. I was hoping to avoid getting snow tires and new wheels for this season at least, I would need to if I get the car in February (in NY).

same issue.. however, Order has been on hold for much longer due to error on Tesla's part. correction was made in Nov first week and app says on hold until 12/31.
however, got same email and I replied highlighting the "on hold until" date and haven't heard back...

is there another email you guys sent note to or just replied to the email asking to remove hold... "[email protected]"

Cancel and reorder, forfeit your $250. Tesla knows EVERYONE is trying to play that game, some people have been "holding off" for 16mo. If they delayed everyone's order to next year, they'd miss their Q4 delivery quotas.

I heard back from two different reps. One said they would put it on hold. The other said they would release the hold, as I requested (I absolutely didn't request this). They released the hold on the app, and I now have a delivery date listed as Feb 18-Mar 18th, which would be fine. But, I'm under the impression that they could match me with a car in December, which I don't want. I was hoping to avoid getting snow tires and new wheels for this season at least, I would need to if I get the car in February (in NY).
I received a response that my order was going to be released for fulfillment which I did not ask for. It’s showing a Jan 8th to Feb 5th. They copied my SA as well. I responded and said I won’t be able to take delivery until after January and would like my hold to be reinstated.

I got the same email.. from [email protected].
The original order was May 2021 and my hold was Jan 1st, 2021.
Replied back that I would like to keep the order and want to keep the hold till Jan. 1 2022.
Then, got an email that "Thanks for the note. We will go ahead and keep your order as is and I have looped in your sales advisor who can assist with next steps with regards to delivery timing."
Then, got an phone call from my SA this morning.. that I HAVE TO take an early delivery around Dec 10th because my order was back May 2021.. and Tesla policy hold policy changed to "90 days".. If I don't take the delivery they will automatically cancel the order.
I am not sure what to do..

Replied back that I would like to keep the order and want to keep the hold till Jan. 1 2022.
Then, got an email that "Thanks for the note. We will go ahead and keep your order as is and I have looped in your sales advisor who can assist with next steps with regards to delivery timing."
Then, got an phone call from my SA this morning.. that I HAVE TO take an early delivery around Dec 10th because my order was back May 2021.. and Tesla policy hold policy changed to "90 days".. If I don't take the delivery they will automatically cancel the order.
I think it will be years before prices could get more affordable. How much would you save by cancelling and re-ordering? $1-2k? Is it worth it to you? Also, the bill still hasn't passed. If I let my order expire and the bill didn't pass, I'd be pissed.

Crazy thought. Order a car when you want to own it! Imagine if Every car maker had to deal with consumers like this. I would like to place an order today for a 2036 vehicle. Why won’t they arrange their production to fit my wishes! Lol. They could so end this game if after 30 days all price increases were applied.

I responded to the original email which stated to remove hold by 12/2.. asking why are they (TESLA) asking me to do this now if the order is on hold until 12/31...
got response this morning that they have noted my request and released the order for fulfilment and looped in local SA... I am like wtf.. I asked why are they asking to take it off hold and they respond by ….. taking it off HOLD!!!
hopefully VIN is not assigned shortly and I can still take delivery after 1/1/22...

Crazy thought. Order a car when you want to own it! Imagine if Every car maker had to deal with consumers like this. I would like to place an order today for a 2036 vehicle. Why won’t they arrange their production to fit my wishes! Lol. They could so end this game if after 30 days all price increases were applied.
well, with all due respect... not sure if you are up-to speed with Tesla backlogs! even if you ordered and unless you personalized... (like apple engraves your personal info on their products- which BTW is NOT an option offered by Tesla), the vehicle is generally reassigned to someone who is ready to take delivery.
And as per company estimates, they have backlog of several months.. so NO.. your argument is NOT valid!
also, not all companies increase their prices as often as Tesla does.. so your comparing Tesla and "EVERY OTHER CAR MAKER" is not a valid one, again...