Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order placed April 19 - delivered May 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, today was the day I have been worrying about. Will I find misaligned panels, off color bumpers, or something else wrong?
I brought 2 friends with me to help inspect the car, and we all found NOTHING WRONG, except a misaligned glove box door.
It was nearly perfect - so glad. It was sitting at the Supercharger when we went to find it in the parking lot. It was charged
up to 293 miles, so that was nice. The only thing I can find to complain about is the wait until we were attended to.
Being Saturday, maybe they were short-staffed? They must know exactly how many deliveries they had today, but it took
about a half hour to have someone help us. I won't bother to bore you with details, but it was like everything was in slow motion.
The worst part was when I gave them my cashier's check - the damn girl at the bank made the check payable to TELSA and they
would not accept it for payment. Luckily for me there was a BofA about a mile or so away, but it was already 12:50pm and they
close at 1pm on Saturday. I got to the bank after being stopped at each traffic light on the way, arriving at 12;58pm, just before
they locked the doors. Got a replacement check and went back to pick up my car, which only took an additional few minutes.
My first time really driving a Tesla, unless you count the 2 mile "test drive" they gave me at a dealership on a used model Y.
Very pleased with the ride. Didn't hear any squeaks or rattles but must admit the a/c was blowing pretty strong and I had the
radio on when I finally figured out how to unmute it. I know there will be a learning curve to figure it all out, and that's okay.

My glove box is misaligned, and I can't figure out how to contact mobile service. My phone does not yet sync with the app.
From what I understand, that is how I must request service. We'll see what happens tomorrow - maybe it will sync by then.
I ordered the base LR model with black interior. I plan to have the windows tinted soon. Just ordered mud flaps from Shop Tesla,
and a floor mat set from Tesmanian.

Many thanks to the members here for helping me through the process.
From order day to delivery was only 12 days. I'm still in shock.

Attachments

• May 1.jpg
    May 1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 5-1-21.jpg
    5-1-21.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 62
Well, today was the day I have been worrying about. Will I find misaligned panels, off color bumpers, or something else wrong?
I brought 2 friends with me to help inspect the car, and we all found NOTHING WRONG, except a misaligned glove box door.
It was nearly perfect - so glad. It was sitting at the Supercharger when we went to find it in the parking lot. It was charged
up to 293 miles, so that was nice. The only thing I can find to complain about is the wait until we were attended to.
Being Saturday, maybe they were short-staffed? They must know exactly how many deliveries they had today, but it took
about a half hour to have someone help us. I won't bother to bore you with details, but it was like everything was in slow motion.
The worst part was when I gave them my cashier's check - the damn girl at the bank made the check payable to TELSA and they
would not accept it for payment. Luckily for me there was a BofA about a mile or so away, but it was already 12:50pm and they
close at 1pm on Saturday. I got to the bank after being stopped at each traffic light on the way, arriving at 12;58pm, just before
they locked the doors. Got a replacement check and went back to pick up my car, which only took an additional few minutes.
My first time really driving a Tesla, unless you count the 2 mile "test drive" they gave me at a dealership on a used model Y.
Very pleased with the ride. Didn't hear any squeaks or rattles but must admit the a/c was blowing pretty strong and I had the
radio on when I finally figured out how to unmute it. I know there will be a learning curve to figure it all out, and that's okay.

My glove box is misaligned, and I can't figure out how to contact mobile service. My phone does not yet sync with the app.
From what I understand, that is how I must request service. We'll see what happens tomorrow - maybe it will sync by then.
I ordered the base LR model with black interior. I plan to have the windows tinted soon. Just ordered mud flaps from Shop Tesla,
and a floor mat set from Tesmanian.

Many thanks to the members here for helping me through the process.
From order day to delivery was only 12 days. I'm still in shock.
Congrats one picking up your model Y in such a short time. Try logging out of the app and sign back in to see if that helps.