TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Order today get a Model 3 in as little as 4 months

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Cosimojack, May 22, 2018.

1. Cosimojack

Cosimojack Member

I didn’t see this article posted + not even sure what to make of it to be honest.

I placed my reservation 11/2017 and have been telling my wife next summer 2019 would be the earliest I would see my car.

There were supposedly 450k+ reservations when I placed my order, now much of that could be overseas, still - how the heck is Tesla going to fill new reservations in 4-6 months? Even at 5k cars/week...

Curious other people’s thoughts on this?

Sounds too good to be true...

Tesla cuts Model 3 delivery delays for new orders in half as production ramp improves

2. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

My thoughts are that Tesla is trying to raise more cash. I think chances that someone ordering today gets their car in 4 months is close to 0%.

3. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

Depends on the config you want. If you want fully loaded you will get it sooner, if you want Performance, you will get it sooner. If you want AWD, SR or any of those, i would look towards end of 2018 or 2019+

• Like x 1
  4. Cosimojack

Cosimojack Member

Per the latest, seems 2 months is what everyone currently on order will be waiting -

5. cizUK

cizUK Member

#5 cizUK, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Did you read the article? It's referring to the LR, not the performance or dual motor.

6. cizUK

cizUK Member

By my estimates, they will have made 130,000 model 3s in 4 months and 180,000 in 6 months, so possible in 6 months, but not likely.

7. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

The missing points are that a huge percentage of reservations are in international markets. Some reports seem to suggest that China alone might be nearly half. The new Supercharge plans also indicate that Turkey is significant. I personally know of ten people who have Model 3 reserved for Brazil and there is no supercharger plan at all. Then there are the RHD countries. I have little doubt that US/Canadian reservations placed today will be delivered before year-end.

8. McFlurri

McFlurri Member

Im going to have to disagree with you on the Canadian front.

I think that once Tesla hits the phase out target, that ALL production will focus on US customers for the next 6 months.

As Elon said... They will "do the right thing, even if it means a quarterly revenue shortfall"

• Like x 1