Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order today get a Model 3 in as little as 4 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t see this article posted + not even sure what to make of it to be honest.

I placed my reservation 11/2017 and have been telling my wife next summer 2019 would be the earliest I would see my car.

There were supposedly 450k+ reservations when I placed my order, now much of that could be overseas, still - how the heck is Tesla going to fill new reservations in 4-6 months? Even at 5k cars/week...

Curious other people’s thoughts on this?

Sounds too good to be true...

Tesla cuts Model 3 delivery delays for new orders in half as production ramp improves

Per the latest, seems 2 months is what everyone currently on order will be waiting -

I also just got off the phone with them. And their response was , “they updated the delivery estimate to 4 months”. And every one that currently has a reservation, going to get an invite within the next 2 month (June - to mid July ). It sound like everyone is getting their cars around the same time.

Depends on the config you want. If you want fully loaded you will get it sooner, if you want Performance, you will get it sooner. If you want AWD, SR or any of those, i would look towards end of 2018 or 2019+
Did you read the article? It's referring to the LR, not the performance or dual motor.
Electrek said:
In the US, someone placing a new reservation for the Model 3 with the Long Range Battery with single RWD motor, which is currently the only version in production, was given a 12 to 18 months delay.

Now it will be only 4 to 6 months, according to Tesla’s update.

Last edited:
The missing points are that a huge percentage of reservations are in international markets. Some reports seem to suggest that China alone might be nearly half. The new Supercharge plans also indicate that Turkey is significant. I personally know of ten people who have Model 3 reserved for Brazil and there is no supercharger plan at all. Then there are the RHD countries. I have little doubt that US/Canadian reservations placed today will be delivered before year-end.

The missing points are that a huge percentage of reservations are in international markets. Some reports seem to suggest that China alone might be nearly half. The new Supercharge plans also indicate that Turkey is significant. I personally know of ten people who have Model 3 reserved for Brazil and there is no supercharger plan at all. Then there are the RHD countries. I have little doubt that US/Canadian reservations placed today will be delivered before year-end.
Im going to have to disagree with you on the Canadian front.

I think that once Tesla hits the phase out target, that ALL production will focus on US customers for the next 6 months.

As Elon said... They will "do the right thing, even if it means a quarterly revenue shortfall"

Reactions: jbcarioca