Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered a 2022 Dual Motor with July 2022 delivery date - currently own a '21 Y DM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After seeing how much I can get for my '21 White LR I can buy a 2022 for the same price.
I just have to wait until around July for delivery.
I have a friend that has a lot of cars, and I asked if he had anything inexpensive he could sell me to hold me over 7 months until I get delivery,
so I can sell my Y very soon. Long story short, he is LENDING ME a 2002 Camaro SLP convertible
with 6 speed manual to use. It won't cost me a penny. He is even keeping the insurance on it.
I got a quote for my Y (from a local company that buys cars - AutoBuy) with 1,200 miles (bought May 1, 2021) for $64k and they said maybe I could
get $65k if I wait a few days to see if another dealer is willing to pay more. I've sold a car to them before,
and they are very easy to work with. I paid $55k out the door for mine in May. I did pay an extra $1k for full ceramic window tint however.
So I'll get a year newer model for almost zero cost to me (maybe $1k ). Plus I ordered the white interior with the Metallic Gray.
I currently have black interior.
If I get real lucky, the BBB rebates may pass through congress by then.

If a member here would like to buy my car before I sell it to the dealer, they can purchase
it for $65k and would need to be ready to pay very soon. Car is in like-new condition.

To those that have already received delivery on their '22 Y LR, do they come with the PPF on rear door now, along with mud flaps?

Attachments

• Y.jpg
    Y.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
After seeing how much I can get for my '21 White LR I can buy a 2022 for the same price.
I just have to wait until around July for delivery.
I have a friend that has a lot of cars, and I asked if he had anything inexpensive he could sell me to hold me over 7 months until I get delivery,
so I can sell my Y very soon. Long story short, he is LENDING ME a 2002 Camaro SLP convertible
with 6 speed manual to use. It won't cost me a penny. He is even keeping the insurance on it.
I got a quote for my Y (from a local company that buys cars - AutoBuy) with 1,200 miles (bought May 1, 2021) for $64k and they said maybe I could
get $65k if I wait a few days to see if another dealer is willing to pay more. I've sold a car to them before,
and they are very easy to work with. I paid $55k out the door for mine in May. I did pay an extra $1k for full ceramic window tint however.
So I'll get a year newer model for almost zero cost to me (maybe $1k ). Plus I ordered the white interior with the Metallic Gray.
I currently have black interior.
If I get real lucky, the BBB rebates may pass through congress by then.

If a member here would like to buy my car before I sell it to the dealer, they can purchase
it for $65k and would need to be ready to pay very soon. Car is in like-new condition.

To those that have already received delivery on their '22 Y LR, do they come with the PPF on rear door now, along with mud flaps?
I just received my 22 Y LR, no PPF, no flaps.