Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model Y On Sunday 6/28- Got Text For Pickup TODAY!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following up here! Took delivery last night in Marina Del Rey, CA! Perfect car aside from a very minor chip on my left taillight (Service Center will replace taillight) and the fender trim slightly off on alignment by the back passenger wheel.

I am having a bit of trouble with bluetooth connectivity on phone calls, will inquire if this Is a software issue

Definitely software issue. 2020.24.6.4.56.703 /s is supposed to fix it. happy driving and congratulations!!!

Congrats!

I know I'll take some flack for this but this is something that drives me nuts about Tesla and why I'd never pre-order from Tesla again as it doesn't mean much. I saw it with my order, and my friend is seeing it with theirs. My friend, and others, ordered the same exact specs in September/October 2019 and also had to put down a $2500 deposit (of course right before they changed it to $100) and still doesn't have it. Was told 1-2 weeks over a month ago and already sold their previous vehicle in preparation. I know part of it is to juice the Q2 numbers (and I'm a long time stockholder), but or someone to be able to jump the line like that just isn't right.

Congrats!

I know I'll take some flack for this but this is something that drives me nuts about Tesla and why I'd never pre-order from Tesla again as it doesn't mean much. I saw it with my order, and my friend is seeing it with theirs. My friend, and others, ordered the same exact specs in September/October 2019 and also had to put down a $2500 deposit (of course right before they changed it to $100) and still doesn't have it. Was told 1-2 weeks over a month ago and already sold their previous vehicle in preparation. I know part of it is to juice the Q2 numbers (and I'm a long time stockholder), but or someone to be able to jump the line like that just isn't right.

I went through this with three inventory model 3’s. I selected from the web site an inventory M3 on the 27th and had leasing arranged through Tesla With no delivery date Owings Mills, MD—I’m in central Jersey. On Tuesday the 30th, last day of the quarter, I get a call first thing in the morning that they could deliver the car to NJ because it had to be picked up that day to be booked as an EOQ sale. I had a VIN, financing and insurance ready to go and pick it up. I thought that was kind of crappy but the wonderful people in the Springfield, NJ SC found me another similar car in Philly and would try to get to them that day but to no avail, so that’s 2 cars because I couldn’t get a ride 110 miles to Philly. Then they found a third car in Brooklyn, which is close however they could get that to NJ and I can’t take delivery in Brooklyn or, even as a NJ registered car, I was told I’d have to pay NYS sales tax. NJ has no sales tax on BEV so that wasn’t gonna work. They said if the car didn’t get delivered to someone else that day they’d deliver it and I could have it. So of course it did, so strike 3. However the young man in Springfield called me again and said there’s a MY PUP car in NJ at the location in Paramus (this was 7-2 so EOQ frenzy ended) and offered it to me and I accepted.

While I am frustrated and disappointed, I give high marks to the folks in Springfield, NJ and Brooklyn, NY who all tried to help me out. While in general Tesla customer services lacks quite a bit, some people really try and help customers the best they can. I can also say that about the team that handled my solar order—very professional and they followed up on everything I asked.

However, here’s the odd part they wanted to keep my 100 deposit for the M3 they couldn’t deliver because they couldn’t switch the a M3 for a MY. So I didn’t cancel the delivery, they did, and felt entitled to keep the 100 bucks. I called BofA explained it, disputed it and had it removed....for now. I hope this doesn’t get me sent to Tesla Banned camp like some others have.

I’m still unsure about the MY with PUP but I had a sale lined up on my other vehicle and the purchaser picked it up before Tesla called about not delivering the M3. I wouldn’t have pulled the rug out from under my buyer they were a nice couple who came to see it and paid full ask no hassles. Why make it their problem? Now there are 4 of us here and one car my wife’s MS LR+. Now I’m not sure what to do, I like the look of the MY as well, like the perf model (first choice) but unsure about PUP and other things.

TL;DR
EOQ sales frenzy caused 3 M3 cars to be assigned to me and then removed, my car sold so I don’t have a car, Tesla wanted to keep my deposit for a car they couldn’t sell me, assigned a MY PUP inventory vehicle I’m unsure about, sales folks at Springfield, NJ and Brooklyn, NY were great trying to help me.