Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered Model Y On Sunday 6/28- Got Text For Pickup TODAY!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the exact same configuration on 05/03/20 and still not a peep..... I did change to the performance version (non PUP) with 20” inductions on 06/23/20. I am in Georgia so hopefully I will hear something after this end of quarter push is over.

Ordered Model Y On Sunday 6/28- Got Text For Pickup TODAY!!! MDR (SoCal)

Vin: 23xxx

White on White, LRAWD, 20inch Inductions

We had similar experience - got a message same day we ordered asking to schedule delivery for 2 days later. They told us 8 week minimum wait time. The dealership was shocked, said they had never heard of such a quick turnaround. The employee at delivery has been waiting 2 months... Blue with black, LRAWD, 20inch...happy driving!

Reactions: rxlawdude
CA cars have seen a 5-10day delivery window during the EOQ push.

Source: Three deliveries arrived at SC within 48hrs, paperwork submission on the website took longer to make right. One was a LR AWD order that was upgraded to "demo car" P for a slight fee. EOQ with Wuhan must really mean a hard push.

If you are on the West Coast, you will get it in a week. Anywhere else, you are SOL right now. I get the numbers game, but couldn’t they have balanced it out by shipping cars out say 3 weeks ago to all the East/Midwest regions to make up for this end of quarter California push?

Correct, about 6 weeks ago.

So our thought is: Plenty of cars are/were sitting, and just couldn't get shipped due to state and national lockdown orders, but they should have had them shipped out to places further than their sales / delivery team could reasonably arrive at before EOQ?

I mean... I had zero issue with ordering and taking delivery of two Y+P within 3 & 7 days respectively. :D

So our thought is: Plenty of cars are/were sitting, and just couldn't get shipped due to state and national lockdown orders, but they should have had them shipped out to places further than their sales / delivery team could reasonably arrive at before EOQ?

I mean... I had zero issue with ordering and taking delivery of two Y+P within 3 & 7 days respectively. :D
Does anyone know the logistical aspect of it besides Elon’s tweet on exactly why? I’m in now way bothered at all by it, I turned down a shoddy White/White PUP yesterday in Chicago. I was just saying that if you aren’t on the West Coast, the probability of getting a Y is very slim until Q2 is over.

Following up here! Took delivery last night in Marina Del Rey, CA! Perfect car aside from a very minor chip on my left taillight (Service Center will replace taillight) and the fender trim slightly off on alignment by the back passenger wheel.

I am having a bit of trouble with bluetooth connectivity on phone calls, will inquire if this Is a software issue