Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered X on 9/16 with an estimate delivery of November

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading this and happy for you both....I am November delivery and ordered Sept 11th. Waiting will be hard for me, I am impatient. I am also east coast so wonder if your west coast location helped to get it done and delivered by end of quarter. Good luck! Congrats!

Everyone relax if u had read a few of the recent deliveries u don’t want a rushed delivery ..quarter ends typically are bad for quality ;):eek:

They are normally but I was impressed, from a Tesla standard perspective, of how well built my Model X is... Yeah, it's not perfect, but that's what mobile ranger service is for... :p I can say there are no major alignment/body issues.

Jeff

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I'm worried about this.

Does anyone have a inspection check list? My concern is that I'll be too excited when the car is infront of me. Going through a check list from memory will not work well. lol

Lol don’t use a checklist a visual is fine :eek:....you should be ok if u owned a Tesla before I’m sure you know the drill ..either way if looks good they will take care of you post service

I'm worried about this.

Does anyone have a inspection check list? My concern is that I'll be too excited when the car is infront of me. Going through a check list from memory will not work well. lol

I had the same concern... Here is how I handled it, I asked my wife to look over the car as best she could as she's much better than I am at spotting things. I gave her specific areas I wanted extra focus. We found a few small paint defects and some other very minor panel gap/alignment issues but even she was happy with how well the car was built all the way down to the seals... I leaned on my wife for this as I was the emotional one with regards to purchase excitement whereas she was more concerned about quality... YMMV... :)

Jeff

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I had the same concern... Here is how I handled it, I asked my wife to look over the car as best she could as she's much better than I am at spotting things. I gave her specific areas I wanted extra focus. We found a few small paint defects and some other very minor panel gap/alignment issues but even she was happy with how well the car was built all the way down to the seals... I leaned on my wife for this as I was the emotional one with regards to purchase excitement whereas she was more concerned about quality... YMMV... :)

Jeff

I guess my wife will have to do the same in this case. lol

Lol don’t use a checklist a visual is fine :eek:....you should be ok if u owned a Tesla before I’m sure you know the drill ..either way if looks good they will take care of you post service

First Teslas, so the excitement might get the better of me.

• Love
Reactions: jeffro01 and P85_DA
I'm worried about this.

Use a checklist, I found a few things I never would have without it. Things like the mudguards weren't fully clipped in, and while it probably wouldn't have showed up in the short term, in the long term it probably would have. Tesla staff was pretty insistent on trying to distract us and rush us, but the checklist made it clear to them they weren't going to as well.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: RixX and P85_DA
I placed the order on 9/16 as well and don't even have a VIN assigned yet.

I am new to understanding this and folks here have suggested VIN happens in batches. I placed 9/11, confirmed 9/15. No VIN yet either. Hopefully post 3Q rush will enable things to keep moving like this. I am East Coast delivery, too, so not sure that is a factor.

That sounds like they found your car in inventory. What's the average time between order and VIN?
I think they have to notify you when it's a matching inventory car. We have seen a lot of report of people in the west coast getting their car earlier. The idea is that Tesla is prioritizing car production for those customers because they can deliver them before the end of the month to attain profitability for this quarter. Producing the car is not that long, 3 to 5 days. Then shipping it to the west cost can be done the same day instead of almost a month for east cost.

Interesting. I was told November delivery for my X - blue on white, 100d, sonic carbon wheels, standard black trim. Ordered 9/18, confirmed 9/21. Reservation number but no VIN.

BTW - When can you use the app? My app says "no product linked" or something like that. Once you get a VIN?