Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordered X on 9/16 with an estimate delivery of November

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! It's a 100D, 6 seat, white/white, 22" onyx wheels. It's now built and in transit.

I haven't heard from my DS yet either (but I haven't attempted contact). I assume they contact you to schedule your delivery with you several days, if not a week, in advance anyway. Maybe someone here knows? I'm paying cash, but I don't have that much sitting in my chequing account doing nothing. I'll need to sell an investment and wait for it to settle (typically 3 days) before it would be available for a transfer or however it's done.

Thanks Frank! It may still be a month away, but I'm starting to get excited. :)

I'm convinced this forum gives good karma. Although my status is still showing Scheduled for Production, a couple of days after posting that I didn't have a DS yet, I was assigned a DS, who immediately reached out to let me know we have a delivery appointment on 12/5 (even had a time booked). A week after the Design Studio's Nov. delivery estimate, but not a big surprise with Thanksgiving and everything else.

I imagine things are different when dealing with customs, but I'd think its worth a quick email to your DS just to confirm everything is moving along, and to give you time to sell/transfer funds.

Thanks! It's a 100D, 6 seat, white/white, 22" onyx wheels. It's now built and in transit.

I haven't heard from my DS yet either (but I haven't attempted contact). I assume they contact you to schedule your delivery with you several days, if not a week, in advance anyway. Maybe someone here knows? I'm paying cash, but I don't have that much sitting in my chequing account doing nothing. I'll need to sell an investment and wait for it to settle (typically 3 days) before it would be available for a transfer or however it's done.

Thanks Frank! It may still be a month away, but I'm starting to get excited. :)

Interestingly yesterday I received a text from a Texas area code. Possibly my gallery advisor or someone from the delivery center in Dallas. I was told via text my car would soon be in production and scheduled for a tentative delivery date and time, Nov 23rd. Still no response or update from the DS in Nevada. Kind of odd, but we'll see how things pan out. o_O

Maryyy: I got a text as well saying my delivery would be 12/10. @ 5:30pm....yesterday. This AM, my DS sent me a text to confirm 12/10 @ noon. I am currently set now for 12/10, at noon. I ordered 9/11. I suspect you will get a follow up from your DS soon.

Reactions: Bogobec
Update: X went into production 10/30 and as of this morning, production is complete and in transit. Have yet to receive a response from DS regarding non-delivery related questions from a few weeks back and no delivery text or ETA.
Still happy to see progress though...

There are no automatic delivery emails or texts. You should reach out to your assigned DS to schedule a delivery appointment.

I'm convinced this forum gives good karma. Although my status is still showing Scheduled for Production, a couple of days after posting that I didn't have a DS yet, I was assigned a DS, who immediately reached out to let me know we have a delivery appointment on 12/5 (even had a time booked). A week after the Design Studio's Nov. delivery estimate, but not a big surprise with Thanksgiving and everything else.

I imagine things are different when dealing with customs, but I'd think its worth a quick email to your DS just to confirm everything is moving along, and to give you time to sell/transfer funds.

Thanks for your advice Frank! I emailed my DS and that appeared to get the ball rolling as far as communication with the DS anyway. She indicated that I'm still a few weeks away and that she'll be updating me once the vehicle gets across the border and emailing me more frequently when it gets closer. She provided a bunch of other information, including info on 2 things I asked an OA about previously, so I figure they must keep internal notes on our accounts.

Well, at least my Model X can't get held up at the border due to 20+ handguns being smuggled in its gas tank: 30 handguns seized in investigation into cross-border smuggling: police :p

Thanks for your advice Frank! I emailed my DS and that appeared to get the ball rolling as far as communication with the DS anyway. She indicated that I'm still a few weeks away and that she'll be updating me once the vehicle gets across the border and emailing me more frequently when it gets closer. She provided a bunch of other information, including info on 2 things I asked an OA about previously, so I figure they must keep internal notes on our accounts.

Well, at least my Model X can't get held up at the border due to 20+ handguns being smuggled in its gas tank: 30 handguns seized in investigation into cross-border smuggling: police :p
I'm in the same boat. Waiting for my X to cross the border to have more details on the delivery. So far the attempt delivery date for me in Montreal is November 30th. I'm hopping that I get it sooner, we never know :)

I'm in the same boat. Waiting for my X to cross the border to have more details on the delivery. So far the attempt delivery date for me in Montreal is November 30th. I'm hopping that I get it sooner, we never know :)

I didn't hear again from my DS since my last post... just suddenly today, I received an email from her telling me the "good news" that my vehicle has arrived (in Oakville) and she gave me several dates to choose from for the delivery, starting with the 28th. Not much warning, but good thing I foresaw this happening so I had already moved some money around. I would have hated to have been held up because I needed to wait for transactions to settle for several days.

However, my OA let me know after receiving that email (granted he had been trying to contact me prior) that he has an inventory vehicle available for me with the same config except it also has the carbon fiber interior upgrade and it's significantly cheaper. I told him I wasn't interested (he had tried to push me towards an available inventory vehicle back in September too) until he told me it came off the line around the same time (Oct.29th) as my ordered vehicle... so it's not really an older vehicle (I wanted the latest off the line) and not from the previous quarter end push.

So the inventory vehicle hasn't been driven by anyone else, same config, plus carbon fiber interior upgrade, minus the 22" wheels I had ordered, but he said they would swap the wheels on it to the 22's at no cost to me, and the inventory vehicle would still cost me ~$3k CAD (pre-tax) less than my ordered X. If I want to stay with the 20" that are currently on the inventory vehicle, that's also fine and I would get an additional $7200 (cost of 22's) reduction on the price. He claims he can switch the order date over from the one vehicle to the other and I'll still get my free supercharging (as long as I own it).

So I thought I must be crazy not to go ahead with the inventory vehicle. (Am I missing something?!) It's also available about as quickly as my ordered vehicle, so... I guess I'll find out in a couple of days if I've been bamboozled. ;)

Finally some news. 70d after confirming my order the status on the website has changed from "scheduled for production in our factory" to "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory".

Well OK then! The website status skipped the production state and went directly to in transit.

Looking at the spreadsheet for other Vancouver/Victoria owners of the Model X, it looks like the average time between end of production and delivery is ~12 days and a maximum of ~15d. That'd put my delivery arriving to me at or around the week of December 10th.:)

Well OK then! The website status skipped the production state and went directly to in transit.
Yes, mine was at 'scheduled for production' up until I got the text message it had arrived at the delivery center. Now the website says "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory". I'm hoping eventually it catches up.:confused:

My 9/18 order still “confirmed” but not in production. Had a delivery appointment for Dec 3 but confirmed my car is not in production yet so won’t make that. My DS is “not 100% sure” if I’ll receive in 2018 or not (though I am very lucky my DS is super responsive, even though he doesn’t seem to have much actual information). I am baffled as to the possibility of missing out on half the tax credit even though I ordered more than 2.5 months before the supposed 2018 delivery cutoff. I don’t understand at all how they decide what order to build vehicles in.

Looking at the spreadsheet for other Vancouver/Victoria owners of the Model X, it looks like the average time between end of production and delivery is ~12 days and a maximum of ~15d. That'd put my delivery arriving to me at or around the week of December 10th.:)

Got a confirmation from DS today that my car arrives in Vancouver tomorrow and will tentatively be ready for pick up on Friday. That was fast change from "scheduled for production" to set up of the delivery appointment within 4 days.

My X is in the "Scheduled for Production" stage. How long before I am assigned a DS. I need a few days notice before delivery is scheduled. I am on the East Coast so I'm not too worried. I'm more concerned with taking delivery before the end of the year.

About the texts from Tesla... if you log into your Tesla website account, the options for preferred contact type are now email, phone, or SMS. (I'm pretty sure they were just phone or email when I placed my order back in September.) I noticed my previous selection was wiped some time in the last week after I switched to an inventory vehicle and was checking that everything in my account was still in order.

About the texts from Tesla...if you log into your Tesla website account, the options for preferred contact type are now email, phone, or SMS
None of them are selected, yet I got these two texts. (and no messages or any contact since).

Oh, and on the manage link on my account, 2 weeks later it still says "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory".
Screenshot_20181206-132058_Messages.jpg