Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordred May 2019-still no vin

I ordered a P Model Y, 5 seat, 19" wheels, Blue/White on 13 May, 2019. I have not changed the configuration. Asked about trade-in but will probably sell it on my own. Cash. No financing. This is my 4th Tesla (Model S85,2013;Model X 90D 2016,Model 3 LR rwd 2018)--I have been a good customer. It's frustrating to see people put in new orders and get priority. I understand that white interior came relatively late but a large number have been shipped.

What's going on?

DaveORD

Mar 12, 2020
Chicagoland
Similar boat, ordered in August. Blue/White PUP w/ FSD. Honestly don't know what to think at this point.

What gets me is Tesla continues to sit on my $2500.
Your $2500 is a free loan for them. As soon as they fulfill your order, that money is gone, so no hurry for them. At least I am only in for the $100 deposit on the order. I did the $1k thing on the M3 and then when they actually showed the world what it was, I cancelled because of the trunk. The MS and MX were hatchbacks, I had hoped and assumed that the M3 would follow suit. My current car has a trunk similar to M3 and I find it too limiting, often have to find another vehicle if trying to move something large. So I cancelled my M3 and waited for the MY and now this BS...

And my order is for Blue/white MY PuP w/FSD - cash and no trade - not that it makes any difference apparently

DDrawer

Mar 25, 2019
PA
I have noticed that the very high majority of new VIN's getting assigned the past couple weeks have been for LR AWD models. I'm hoping for a focus back on performance models this week or next week for that final Q2 push.

Young Phenom

Mar 21, 2020
Florida
Something with the white interiors. I have a White/White MY PUP FSD deposit down March 15 2019. Nothing yet.

White/white PUP I ordered March 21st 2020 picked up March 24th 2020.

Far as I know I'm the only white/white here.

They do exist but super rare. I got lucky because I'm in the Tampa area and someone ordered the White/White PUP FSD here and they cancelled and my ordered got fulfilled immediately the same day like 3 hrs later lol.

I ordered a P Model Y, 5 seat, 19" wheels, Blue/White on 13 May, 2019. I have not changed the configuration. Asked about trade-in but will probably sell it on my own. Cash. No financing. This is my 4th Tesla (Model S85,2013;Model X 90D 2016,Model 3 LR rwd 2018)--I have been a good customer. It's frustrating to see people put in new orders and get priority. I understand that white interior came relatively late but a large number have been shipped.

What's going on?
Don't feel bad. I'm a Day 0, WonW P FSD order...still waiting for that VIN.
Funny how Tesla says the #1 criteria is order date & 100% completion of your profile :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DennyL

Sep 26, 2018
San Diego, CA
@DennyL has a WonW P that he ordered this year!
I have to send mines out to auto body repair this Friday through the service center. I hope it will be Amato's Auto Body that is doing the repairs. Model Y PUP Pearl White

It might be worth to wait for a little, the quality might improve a bit more.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Ihdiot

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC